Tuna Noodle Dorito Casserole
Quick and Easy to Make!
Quick and easy tuna casserole with Doritos. With this recipe, I kept it to general ingredients, so you can use the brands that you enjoy and still get a delicious casserole. You could even substitute type of cheese. Maybe try American or even Velveeta. If you are trying to save money with your food costs, even a generic brand of seasoned tortilla chips will taste just as well.
- 1 bag (12 to 16oz) Wide Noodles
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 Cans Tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1/2 lb Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 stick Butter or Margarine
- 12 oz Milk
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- 1 Bag Doritos
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Starting cooking wide noodles.
- While noodles are cooking. Melt butter in frying pan. Add celery and onion. Saute
- Next add Cream of Celery soup, and milk. Keep heat on low. Use whisk to stir.
- Once soup mixture is heated, next add in cube cheddar cheese. Continue to stir on low heat until all cheese is melted. Add pepper and celery seed. If sauce mixture seems a little to thick, add a few ounces of milk.
- Remove from heat. Add tuna to sauce mixture. Stir
- Drain noodles (please be careful not to overcook you noodles). Add noodles and sauce mixture to baking dish.
- Crush Doritos over casserole until top is covered. (you will not use the whole bag). Next sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.