Eat These Foods to Lose Weight
What you eat does make a difference in how easily you lose weight. It's not just about calories and portion control, but the types of food you eat can boost your weight loss. There are speciﬁc foods that help curb your appetite, and others that help boost metabolism. Read on to ﬁnd out how adding a few tasty additions can keep you feeling full while the weight comes off.
Any type of fruit is packed with vitamins and minerals, but there are certain types that have additional beneﬁts in a weight loss regimen, shown that people who consumed these fruits three times per day showed a more rapid weight loss.
- Berries contain ketones, which are responsible for stimulating a fat burning hormone. Metabolism is increased while appetite is suppressed. For 50 calories, you get a full cup of berries.
- Drinking 100% grape fruit juice or eating a grapefruit prior to meals has been shown to signiﬁcantly increase weight loss and decrease abdominal fat stores.
- A great deal of research has been conducted on the Jerusalem artichoke. They contain a specialized ﬁber that promotes weight loss and tons of nutrients that are responsible for, ﬁghting cancer. It is a healthy, hunger ﬁghting addition to your menu plan.
- Salad greens are ﬁber rich foods packed with healthy antioxidants. Eating a salad prior to your meal has been shown to signiﬁcantly reduce hunger and the amount of calories consumed.
How you start your day does matter. Skipping breakfast is not an option in a weight loss routine. There are foods that ﬁll you up, keep you full longer and help you in your health goals. Try adding these into your morning.
- Hot oatmeal
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 boiled eggs
- Brewed tea (green or black)
High Duality Proteins
The source of your protein is important. Fish is one of the most protein dense sources, while being naturally low in fat and calories. Not all ﬁsh is the same, though. Studies have shown that people who ate ﬁsh at lunch ﬁve or more times each week lost weight more quickly and consumed less calories throughout their day. Varieties to look for: Alaskan salmon, trout and cod.
Beans are rich in ﬁber and packed with all types of disease ﬁghting nutrients. Studies have shown that those whom followed a bean-rich meal plan lost weight easier and improved cholesterol levels. The recommendation is at least four servings each week.
Seasonings That Curb Appetite
- Olive oil contains aromatic compounds that are believed to promote weight loss by stimulating a sensation of fullness. Consuming a small amount of olive oil daily has been shown to cause a lower caloric intake overall.
-Capsaicin is found in red chili peppers and is responsible for their “heat”. It is also responsible for an increase in metabolism along with appetite-suppression.