Eat Your Heart Out Tomato Stew
- 1 kg thick rib of lamb, chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6-8 tomatoes
- 10 ml thyme,ginger,oregano and rosemary
- pinch red pepper
- 60 ml sugar
- 230 g tomato puree
- 10-12 potatoes, peeled
- pinch salt and pepper
- Heat oil in pot that will be used to make Stew in. Fry cubes of meat and place to one side. Fry onions and add garlic.
- Peel tomatoes and cut into blocks.
- When garlic changes color, add meat cubes and tomatoes to onion and garlic mix. Mix well. Remember to keep at low heat so that it doesn't burn.
- Add all spices, sugar, salt and pepper and tomato puree. Mix well and let it simmer. Stir often to prevent burning.
- After 1 hour, add potatoes and let it simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Tomato Stew can be enjoyed with rice or a slight salad.
© 2015 Ansie