Broiled Bananas Bonanza:Healthy Fruit Snack Recipe
More Information of Living a Healthy LifeStyle
- Tips and Recipes for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle: E...
It's no secret that to live a healthy and happy lifestyle, we must take care of the most important piece of property we own, our bodies. Many people are living a happy and healthy lifestyle. So what is their secret?
Healthy Fruit Snacks
Fruits have a wonderful way of enhancing our senses. Fruits can make us happy, make us energized, make us feel sexy, and make us feel better. Although fruits are best known for as snacks and desserts, they are also superb in salads, sandwiches, cereals, main dishes and so much more. The possibilities are endless when you use fruit!
Broiled Bananas Bonanza
If you like bananas, you’ll love this scrumptious recipe. Try it for dessert, with breakfast, or as a side dish with curried entrées.
The Broiled Bananas Bonanza recipe is a wonderful low calorie, great tasting, and very easy to make snack. Your family will love them and appreciate the fact that you made them such a yummy treat!
Prep~Cook Time, Serving Size, Calories
Photo IngredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons firmly-packed brown sugar, (or equivalent amount of sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, (you can also use Pam buttered flavor cooking spray)
- Slice bananas crosswise and then lengthwise.
- Place bananas in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush both sides of bananas with lemon juice.
- Drizzle butter over bananas.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over bananas.
- Broil 5 inches from heat until lightly brown (about 5 minutes) Serve hot.
Are you getting enough fruits and veggies in your daily requirement?
Do you feel you need more fruits and veggie per day?
Fruit and Veggie Tip
When you include more fruits and vegetables as part of an overall healthy diet, you are more likely to reduce risk of some chronic diseases.
Great "Fruity" Hubs by our Fellow Hubbers!
About the Author
Lisa has directed and acted in musical theatre for nearly 30 years. Her musical upbringing allowed her to pursue her career in teaching and directing and continues to direct shows today. As the owner of 2 online Home Décor sites, Lisa’s passion for Rustic Living all begins with her love for the home, outdoors, and her many hobbies. Lisa loves to laugh, and she share’s that love through her comedic hubs centered on her MOM. Lisa’s passions include writing, directing, acting, photography, singing, cooking, crafts, gardening, and home improvement, including decorating. Lisa also writes under her penned name, Elizabeth Rayen.