- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Eating Junk Food Connected To Depression
Eating Junk food connected to depression?
I read an article on yahoo page about diets and lifestyle, and I was surprised to learn that people who tend to eat lots of junk food are considered to be depressive. Amazing discoveries!
Discoveries are great, especially if they bring findings that are helpful.
That is why; we are bringing out the importance of good food and proper diet. Eating well not only help build our physical bodies but it also helps avoid mental sickness and promotes full well being over all. Eating good healthy food is easy and does`t require any special skills. All you need is to have it in your mind that your body and mind are both important and then you decide to live healthily.
For instance, there are very many ways to cook quick and simple delicious meal in your kitchen for you and your family, that don`t have to take all your time and energy or strain your wallets. Let`s say, you just got home from work and you are tired and don`t have much time to cook tedious meals,you can go in your cupboard and bring out that tin of tuna, sweet corn, red, green and yellow peppers, some black peppers, salt, a little light mayonnaise, mix them together and voila, there you have a quick proper meal, healthy and tasty too.
Organize Your Cupboard
Tips To Organize Your Kitchen Cupboard For Quick Fix Up Dinners:
- Always have some tin preserves in your cupboard for emergencies. These would include tinned legumes, fish and some vegetables to save you that last minute. (It`s actually reported that some tinned foods have a very high nutritional values because they are preserved on the right temperatures concealing all the goodness).
- Frozen vegetables are a quick way to help you eat vegetables every day and they keep longer in the freezer if stored properly. (These are considered to be very nutritious because they are packaged instantly hence preserving all the nutrients instantly.
- Have your little corner for spices (very essential for garnishing and adding flavour to your food.)
- Once a week, especially on the weekend or when you are not working, cook your lovely healthy meals in large quantities and store some extra in the freezer to eat a proper meal in the course of the week.
With those quick few tips, you are well prepared for easy healthy fix up meals any time you want. This will help people who work long hours and are left with very little time to go into lengthy cooking.
Those who just want to settle for junk just because they are too lazy to cook, there is hope for you in the kitchen if you follow those few guidelines to organizing your cupboard with healthy fix ups. It will save you from being overweight and getting into eating depression thereby leaving you feeling better overall.
An Example Of A Quick Meal Fix Up
Below is a simple way to make a healthy meal that your body can thank you for. All it involves is a simple method of preparing ingredients and you`re done.
These are methods that can also cater for small children at home and meet all their healthy needs. Eat well for a better lifestyle.
Your bodies and your mental fitness need the right food…. Don t get caught up in a tirade of uncertainty with matters you can solve.
Lead a healthy lifestyle by taking the time to cook healthy food that will help you live longer and younger.
Below is an example of how to prepare chicken noodle soup in easy, simple quick steps!
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Stay healthy!!!! Eat well!!!
- 2 Breast fillet chicken, Thinly chopped
- 1 Leek, Chopped
- Handful Green beans, Chopped
- 1/2 green and red peppers, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, Light
- A pinch Salt to taste
- A pinch Black pepper, Ground
- Handful Egg/noodle/pasta
- After thinly chopping the chicken, bring it to cook in 3 mins and skim any residues and put in all the rest of the ingredients(vegetables)which will then cook for the remaining 5 mins
Chicken Noodle Soup
Love Your Grills
Another great method I find very quick and rewarding is by chopping large vegetables and seasoning the meat (depending on your choice) and just chucking them in the grill.
This is very quick and serves everything at once saving time and energy. I opt for grills when I have limited time for long preparations or when I`m tired and not in the "kitchen mood".