Edible Fun for Children
There are just some days that a child needs something different to do instead of the same old same old thing. This article offers something completely different for them to do yet is perfectly safe.
The following are two recipes that are completely safe and edible for children. The first is edible play dough and the next is finger paint. Although, this finger paint can be consumed, I'm not sure they would really want to do so. At least you know that it won't hurt them though.
The edible play dough recipe can actually be used as a candy recipe as well. So, your child may not really want to use it as play dough, but rather a delicious dessert instead.
Edible Play Dough
It seems that all kids love to play with play dough, but some of them, especially the younger ones, always try to eat it. I'm not sure why, it must look tasty since it's colorful. This is a recipe that solves that problem. It can be played with as well as eaten. However, for your child's health and safety, only allow them to play with it in the kitchen because you don't want them wallowing it around on all types of surfaces, like the living room floor, and then eating it.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or syrup
- 1/2 cup instant dry milk powder
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mix and knead all ingredients into a pliable dough
- Add additional powdered sugar, only if needed
Have you tried Edible Play Dough recipe?
It seems that all kids like to get their hands into something and smear it all around. This recipe allows for that. It is made from a few simple ingredients that are completely edible as well, so no need to worry that your little ones are getting anything toxic. It is perfectly safe. Additionally, all of the ingredients are probably readily available in your pantry.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- food coloring - a few drops of each color
- Heat 2 cups of water to boiling in a saucepan
- Mix together 1/2 cup cornstarch and 1 cup water until smooth stirring constantly until thick
- Divide into 4 portions and add a few drops of different food coloring to each portion