Egg Frittata Recipe
Egg Frittata is one of the easiest and most simple recipes for a quick meal that is both delicious and nutritious. You can add in whatever ingredients you like. Egg frittata is also perfect for young kids to eat because it is very soft and easy to chew. My kids also call it egg pizza because the final product looks like a pizza.
The key to a perfect egg frittata is the right temperature with the right amount of time. Too high of a heat will overcook the egg and it will turn out too dry to eat. But too short of the time at low heat might result in the egg not being fully cooked.
How do you like this Egg Frittat Recipe
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 Potatoes, Medium
- Wash the spinach and boil it in a small pot with 1/2 cup of water for 1 minute.
- Use a mesh sieve to drain the water from the spinach.
- Crack and beat the eggs, then mix in salt and garlic powder. Set aside. Wash and cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add in the potatoes follow by the soy sauce.
- Turn the heat to medium and cover the skillet and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes. Turn the potatoes occasionally to proven burn at the bottom.
- Spread out the potato slices so that they cover the bottom part of the skillet.
- Add in the spinach.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Turn the heat to low, and cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 12 minutes. Occasionally remove any water formed by steam onto the lid.
- Cut the string cheese into thin circles and place them on top of the egg frittata. You can replace the string cheese with another type of cheese that you prefer. Just make sure it is shredded cheese or thinly sliced cheese so that it is easy to melt.
- Turn off the heat and put the lid back on the skillet for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the egg frittata like you would with a pizza.
Add More Veggies to Egg Frittata
If you want to add more veggies to the egg frittata, carrot is a good choice. It is very easy and simple to do too. Here is how:
- Do the same steps 1-7,
- Remove the skin of a carrot,
- Cut carrot into thin slices,
- Boil the carrot in a small pot with about 1/2 cup of water for 5 minutes,
- Add the carrot to egg frittata after pouring in the egg (see above step 8)
- Continue with the rest of the steps.