Recipe for How to Make Egg Bagels
Egg bagels - Recipe for How To Make Tasty Egg Bagels
RECIPE FOR HOW TO MAKE EGG BAGELS
This recipe hub will discuss how to make egg bagels.
Following this egg bagel recipe, the eggs bagels will be plump, soft and delicious with a naturally golden yellow coloring.
It's great that the egg bagels can get a rich yellow hue naturally from the egg alone and no artificial color.
New York egg bagels
EGG BAGELS are my favorite type of bagels. Bagels are made in numerous varieties including bagels with seeds on them such as poppy seeds or sesame seeds, but there is just something about an egg bagel, especially a hot buttered egg bagel that I enjoy so much!
Would you like to learn how to make delicious egg bagels?
This recipe hub on HubPages will discuss a recipe for how to make egg bagels that are very satisfying and delicious!
- This hub will discuss how to make egg bagels.
- As a native New Yorker and foodie, I absolutely love a good egg bagel.
- In New York, you learn about the plethora of various bagel flavors and egg bagel has always been my favorite.
- As the saying goes, if you eat too many bagels you'll start to look like a bagel- nice and round.
- Nevertheless, we can still indulge in a delicious bagel once in a while, can't we? If your answer is a resounding yes, then please read on for a recipe for making delicious egg bagels!
Egg bagels are my absolute favorite type of bagels.
Budget friendly egg bagels
- Egg bagels might need to be treated as an occasional indulgence because of how heavy the egg bagels are, but egg bagels are certainly very budget friendly!
- The inexpensive price of egg bagels and the delicious taste of egg bagels might make it more tempting to buy the egg bagels a little more often than we should!
- Egg bagels are just appealing overall.
- In New York, egg bagels and other bagel flavors are often available at the multitude of delis that have a bakery section.
Fresh and delicious breads and bagels including egg bagels can be conveniently found in New York.
Back in the day...
An egg bagel can be a warm and comforting meal
A hot, buttered EGG BAGEL can make for a warm and comforting meal in the early morning of a blistering cold winter day.
Back in the day and even now, you can often purchase an egg bagel for $1 or less!
Just like a New York slice of pizza which is also economical, a New York egg bagel is so budget friendly and is often a weekday carbohydrate staple (a typical go-to meal) among busy and rushing, commuting workers.
A hot, buttered egg bagel is the best!
Egg bagel sandwich options
If you're thinking about splurging, how about getting some cream cheese on your egg bagel instead of butter? It does not stop with your early morning breakfast meal however.
- Perhaps, you might prefer to have a lighter breakfast and save your egg bagel purchase for lunch time.
- Then, zip on over to the corner deli and get a egg bagel sandwich.
- For somewhere between $3 and $5, you might be able to get a scrumptious overflowing egg bagel sandwich with the contents typical of a hero or hoagie sandwich.
Some options for your egg bagel sandwich include:
- Pastrami and cabbage
- Steak and cheese
- An Italian variation that might include meats such as salami & pepperoni as well as cheese, lettuce and tomato
- Bologna and cheese
- Meatball and much, much more
Making egg bagels at home
Yes, you can get all of these things and a much larger variety of options on a egg bagel. Both paper menus and menus posted on the wall (with chalk and a blackboard or markers and a dry erase board for example) are usually readily available as you walk into the deli.
Typically, you can also readily say if you want something different (that you do not see on the menu).
If you do not have easy access to a deli or sandwich shop that serves fresh egg bagels and you are not that fond of the frozen bagel options in supermarkets, then how about trying to make egg bagels for yourself at home, time permitting?
While egg bagels are budget friendly for purchasing already prepared, egg bagels are also quite budget friendly when preparing at home with egg bagel recipe ingredients that you buy.
Making egg bagels at home is a budget friendly cooking project.
Learn How To Make Egg Bagels - Egg bagel recipe
Here is an easy recipe for how to make homemade egg bagels, not necessarily perfectly round as a professionally made egg bagel but truly delicious.
This egg bagel recipe is adapted from:
There aren't too many ingredients needed to make egg bagels.
1. Ingredients for egg bagels recipe
- unsalted butter
- vegetable oil
2. Instructions for how to make egg bagels
- Mix 4 eggs, 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, 1 and 1/2 cups of water, 2 packets of yeast, 8 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Mix very well until smooth.
Mix the egg bagel dough very well.
Allow the egg bagel dough to rise
2. Cover your bowl of mixture with a damp paper towel. Place on your counter top and leave alone to rise for 30 minutes.
3. When the mixture has formed and risen, punch it down and divide into 20 pieces. This should make for fairly large sized bagels.
4. Roll each of the pieces between your hands and turn into round rings (with holes in the centers).
The dough is enough to make many large egg bagels.
Boil egg bagels in water then bake
5. Bring a large pot of 4 cups of water to boiling, adding a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
6. Use tongs to pick up the egg bagel dough rings and place one by one into the already boiling water. You might do this in 2-3 batches to avoid overcrowding in the pot and to avoid the egg bagels sticking to each other. Continue boiling for 5 additional minutes.
7. Remove egg bagels from the water, allowing excess water to drip/drain away.
8. Now, line up all the egg bagels on foil lined, greased baking sheets (e.g.- cookie sheets) 1/2 inch apart.
9. Crack two additional eggs and separate, using only the yolks. Brush the beaten egg yolks on to the egg bagels as a glaze.
10. Bake the egg bagels at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Bake the egg bagels at 400 degrees for twenty minutes.
Egg bagels ready to enjoy
11. Serve the egg bagels and enjoy them immediately. These egg bagels taste best hot and fresh with toppings such as butter and squares of cheddar cheese.
These egg bagels taste best while freshly made and hot.
Please rate this egg bagel recipe:
What's your favorite type of bagel?
If you have visited New York before, have you ever purchased fresh bagels from a New York bakery, bagel shop or deli?
Have you ever bought fresh bagels in New York?
1. Egg Bagels| How to Make Recipes | Quick Recipes
2. New York Bagels
3. How To Make Bagels
4. The Best Bagels of New York City
5. Why New York Has the Best Bagels
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH