Delicious Egg Pudding with Almonds
Rate my recipe
Great source of protein
Contains many vitamins including Vitamin A
Contains Potassium, Folic acid , choline and Biotin
A delicious ending
Everyone wants a good dessert after a good meal. End your meal with egg pudding served warm with almonds.
- Source of good cholesterol
- High in monounsaturated fats that reduces heart attack risks
- Contains Vitamin E which is anti-oxidant
- Contains magnesium and potassium
- 1/2 Liter Full cream milk
- 6 Eggs
- 2 table spoon Butter, unsalted
- 2 slices White bread
- 1/4 cup Almonds, finely sliced for dressing
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 table spoon Honey, if required
- Take 1/2 liter of milk and slow heat for 1 hr.
- In the meanwhile take two white bread slices and remove corners. Now dip the bread slices in 1 cup milk 30 minutes or until all the milk is soaked by the bread slices.
- Take 6 eggs and beat them.
- When the milk has been heated for 1 hr add the egg beat slowly while stirring. Continue stirring until the eggs starts to cook. Increase the heat to maximum while stirring
- Add 1/2 cup sugar or 4 table spoons to the mixture and continue stirring till the mixture gets a bit thick.
- Add butter and mix.
- Now beat bread slices and slowly add in the mixture. Stir on medium heat for 30 minutes or until the remaining milk has been dried.
- Take out in a serving dish and garnish with finely sliced almonds.
- Serve hot for best taste
- Alternatively, before garnishing put in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 15 minutes to dry the remaining milk then garnish.
Nutritional value for 1 serving
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 50 g||17%|
|Sugar 36 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 444 mg||148%|
|Sodium 226 mg||9%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
You can calculate how much calorie content your food have by using one of the online calorie calculators mentioned below