- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions
Eggless and Dairy Free Chocolate Birthday Cake
Egg and Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
Egg and Dairy Free Chocolate Birthday or Celebration Cake
In this day and age allergies and food sensitivities are more and more common. There are also increasinlgy wonderful recipes that mean allergy sufferers can be included in scrummy treat food. This recipe was found by my daughter on You Tube and we adapted it for a dairy free friend. The result is tasty, moist and delicious. As a note I am also going to try making it gluten and wheat free as well using 1/3 tapioca, 1/3 rice and 1/3 potato flour. I will update this hub once I know it will work.
Rate this Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate soy milk, reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chocolate chips, for topping
- sliced strawberries or other fresh fruit, for decorating
How to make eggless and dairy free chocolate cake
- Place all dry ingredients in mixing bowl and combine. Add wet ingredients and whisk for 3 mins
- Line bottom of (microwave safe) deep glass serving dish with parchment paper. and lightly oil sides with kitchen towel. Pour in cake mixture.
- Place in microwave and cook for 5 mins of full power. Remove and wait 5 mins - Lightly insert dull knife between sides of cake and glass dish if required. Turn onto wire cooling rack and turn cake so top is facing upwards. Allow to cool
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second bursts. Stir in soy milk and stir quickly to prevent sizing. Pour over top of cake and allow to drip down sides. Decorate with fruit, ribbon and candles as desired.