- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
How To Make Eggs In A Frame With Fried Bacon, Potatoes, and Spinach. Eggs In A Hole.
Eggs In A Frame.
The first thing I was taught to cook in Home Economics Class was eggs in a frame. This is what they were called way back then. They weren't eggs in a nest, egg in a hole or egg in the basket.
When I got married it was the only thing I knew how to cook. Oh, the teacher taught us Baked Alaska but I never got the hang of it so here's how I make “ Eggs In A Frame” and a little bacon, potatoes and spinach on the side. If you don't like spinach you can leave it out.
The kids always got a kick out of seeing egg dropped in the frame.
This recipe is just for two people. They can be made for breakfast or brunch.
We buy our eggs fresh after eating free range chicken eggs it's hard to buy store eggs.
Cast Your Vote
- 1/4 lb. bacon
- 2-4 slices italian bread, cut 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 3 pats butter, per slice of bread about 3-4 Tablespoons
- 2-4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- vegetable spray
- Getting things ready cut up bacon into tiny pieces I use my kitchen scissors. Cut potato into small cubes. Rinse spinach and set aside. Cut pats of butter into 6 skinny pieces for each slice of bread you use. Get your bread slices ready, cut a hole in the middle of each slice of bread or use a cookie cutter to make the hole little neater than the way I did it.
- Fry bacon until crispy remove it from the pan and add cubed potatoes to the pan with bacon grease. Cook covered about 15 minutes remove lid cook until crisp. Remove from pan add spinach cook just until wilted.
- Making the Egg In A Frame: Spray pan with vegetable spray even if it is a non-stick pan. Place three half pats of butter in pan lay the bread with hole on top of butter. Break egg into hole add the other three pats to the top of bread. Cook until you can left the corner and see if the bread has toasted, if it has flipped it over and cook this side until toasted. If your worried about the egg getting done you can leave it a little longer to make sure egg is cooked through or you can do another flip.
We made this tonight. I had one egg and my husband had 2. We used about 3 tablespoons of butter for all three slices of bread. You can also toast the little pieces which come out of the middle of the bread. We like to have our yolk oozing out.
You can make anything to go with this, onions, cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, ham or sausage.
You can use a cookie cutter to cut the hole. You can also put your butter right in the pan. I was taught to put the butter around the edge of the bread. Do it any way you want both will turn out good.
HINT: Another hint for frying potatoes. Place oil in the pan first then add your cut potatoes and turn on the burner after potatoes are placed in cold grease. Potatoes won't be as greasy cooked this way. On this recipe, it's different because we're adding the potatoes to bacon so the pan is already hot.
|Serving size: 2|
|Calories from Fat||414|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 46 g||71%|
|Saturated fat 25 g||125%|
|Carbohydrates 39 g||13%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 18 g||36%|
|Cholesterol 469 mg||156%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This Breakfast Treat Is Called Many Things What Do You Call It?
More Recipes for Breakfast or Brunch.
- How To Make Caramel Pecan French Toast, Oven Baked.
Caramel Pecan French Toast Recipe
- Sticky Gooey Sweet Rolls From Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls.
Sticky Gooey Sweet Rolls made easy.
Copyright © 2015 moonlakehubpage.com