Rice With Lentils
Rate This Dish
Egypt has many oriental dishes you can taste and you will find it surprisingly delicious, Now we are going to explain a very old dish wich called "Kushery" and this is an Egyptian idiom which refers to this dish.
there are two types of Kushery's Dishes the first one and the most common and famous one which contains a mixture of Rice, Lentils, Pasta, fried onions, Hot sauce and garlic juice. and the second one is what we will explain in this article.
- 3/4 Cup White Rice
- 1/2 Cup Yellow lentils
- 1 TS Salt
- 1 TS black pepper
- 1 Chopped onion
- 2 Minced garlic
- 3 Table spoons Cooking Oil
- Wash Rice and lentils very good and soak them for 30 Minutes then drain the water after that.
- Put a pan on the heat and then put the cooking oil then the chopped onion and the minced garlic together and keep moving the mixture till it gets a brownish color.
- Put Rice, lentils Mixture into the pan then add salt, black pepper and mix them all together.
- Add 3/4 ~1.5 Cup of water until just cover the mixture surface.
- Turn down the heat to the minimum, and cover the pan then leave it for 15 Minutes.
- With A spoon turn the mixture around and up and down then cover it again for another 15 minutes. Then Turn off the heat.
- Serve the mixture with Green Salad or any kind of salad you prefer.
Rice Nutrition Information
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|