- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
The Best Concord Grape Pie Recipe - Right From The Backyard
If you are lucky enough to have a yard overgrown with Concord Grape Vines growing wild...here's a delicious use for all those grapes that's sure to get great feedback. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Quick-Cook Oats
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (x2) Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 4-1/2 cups Concord Grapes
- 1 cup White Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Once grapes have been rinsed thoroughly, squeeze the end of each grape (opposite the stem) to separate skins from pulp. Set skins aside. Place pulp in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook while stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and press through a strainer or food mill to remove all seeds.
- Once seedless, combine pulp, skins, white sugar, flour, lemon juice and salt in mixing bowl. Pour evenly into pastry shell.
- In another bowl combine quick oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut-in small tabs of butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mix evenly over filling to create top crust.
- To prevent burnt crust, cover the edges of pastry around pie pan with tin foil. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Remove the tin foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes more or until center topping becomes golden brown. Cool before serving.