Express chocolate cake
A super fast cake, easy to make and full of chocolate. The recipe is just amazing, for the cake you combine everything in just one bowl and for the cream you need very few ingredients and is done in just 15 minutes! What do you say about this? Try it and then will become your go to chocolate cake!
- For the cake:
- unsalted butter, for greasing the pans at room temperature
- 85 gr (3/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder, plus little bit more for pans
- 170 gr (1½ cups) all purpose flour
- 350 gr (1½ cups) sugar
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk (or yogurt or sour cream)
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) warm water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the chocolate mousse:
- 150 gr mini white marshmallows, (or large marshmallows, chopped)
- 50 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250 gr (8 oz) dark chocolate
- 60 ml ( ¼ cup) hot water
- 1 tsp nstant coffee powder
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- This is the simplest cake , called "one bowl cake" because we put all ingredients in one bowl and mix.
- Butter two inch round cake pans (24 cm/9.5" diameter); dust with cocoa, tapping out excess.
- Sift together cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Mix them well with a fork or with a whisk until just combined.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, water, oil and vanilla and beat for about 2 min., until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake until a cake taster comes out clean, for about 30 - 35 min.
- Transfer pans to wire racks to cool then remove the cakes onto racks to cool completely.
- For the chocolate mousse, put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate, water and coffee powder into a heat-proof bowl. Set the bowl over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until you have a smooth homogeneous mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream until thick, and then fold it into cooling chocolate mixture.
- Assembling the cake: put the first cake layer inside of a removable ring, then poor half of the chocolate mousse, then the second layer of cake and then the remaining chocolate mousse. Refrigerate over night or at least 4 hours.
- Remove the ring and decorate with cocoa and chocolate chips, or as you like ;-).
- Enjoy and try it! you won't regret it! It will become your go-to chocolate cake recipe ever!
© 2015 Gabriela Gitoi