Extreme Diabetes Management: Warm and Welcoming Green Tea Latte
Glowing Frothy Green Tea Latte
Welcome back to my Extreme Diabetes Management recipe series! The recipes in this series were created during a very strict detox food challenge recommended by my chiropractor as a way to potentially reverse my Type II Diabetes. My change in eating habits required that I stop eating all processed foods, sugars, dairy (except for butter and heavy whipping cream), fruits (except for avocado), starches, legumes, grains, sauces and alcohol. As a result, I reduced my A1c from 7.0 to 6.4. This has encouraged me to keep the eating habits I've developed as a result of this food challenge.
Home-Made Green Tea Latte
In this article you will learn to make a relaxing frothy green tea latte glowing with healthiness. It takes only a few ingredients and a milk frother to create this delicious drink. The tea with the honey is both soothing and is filled to the brim with healing properties. The brain-boosting properties of the Matcha tea make a green tea latte the perfect warm drink to have by your side in the evening whether you like to read, play games, work on puzzles or complete a craft.
EDM Series Introductory Article
- Extreme Diabetes Management: Healing My Body with Food and Exercise
Introduction to a series of recipes and food preparation articles about my journey through a month of detoxification. Eating from a list of limited foods brought my glucose numbers down, and from it I have emerged feeling so wonderful...
- 1 cup Water, boiled
- 1 tablespoon Matcha tea powder
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream, warm and frothed
- 1 teaspoon Pure raw honey
- Simmer the water on the stove. Then whisk in 1/2 tspn honey + 1 tblspn Matcha tea powder.
- Simmer heavy whippng cream on the stove. Then whisk in 1/2 tspn honey.
- Pour half the cream into a mug, then fluff it up with your frother.
- Froth the tea in the pan for extra bubbles. Then pour half the tea into the mug of fluffy frothed cream.
- Swirl the tea and cream together with a small spoon, and sip.
Calories in each mug of Green Tea Latte
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||198|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 22 g||34%|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 25 g||8%|
|Sugar 8 g|
|Fiber 8 g||32%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 82 mg||27%|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Nutrition Research Notes
Matcha tea is packed with health benefits! Some of the proven benefits of Matcha tea include:
- Calms the mind
- Boosts memory and concentration
- Carries Antioxidants that protect the body from damage by free radicals
- Carries phytonutrients, such as chlorophyll
- Strengths your immune system
- Boosts metabolism and helps promote weight loss
- Protects the heart and liver
- Contains plenty of dietary fiber
Pure Raw Honey
A small amount of raw honey in warm drinks contains vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients carried by the bees from the flowers and plants they pollinate. Some of the benefits of pure, raw, unprocessed honey include:
- Carries Antioxidants
- Anti-fungal agent, killing harmful bacteria from your system
- Soothes sore throats
- Heals digestive issues
Heavy Whipping Cream
As noted also in my coffee latte recipe article, heavy cream contains lots of fat and some sugars, but it also contains protein to balance its profile. Another benefit is that it aids in feeling full, so you can avoid those late night hunger pangs.
Source: For more information about the benefits of Matcha Tea and other ingredients, read about the ingredients I've used on https://www.healthline.com.
Putting together a Frothy Green Tea Latte
How do you like this green tea latte recipe?
© 2018 Karen A Szklany