Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
An Extremely Tasty Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
After making this bake a few times for my babysitter...he asked me today could I send him the recipe so he could bake it for a mystery girl he knows. after emailing it to him I thought it would be a good idea to post it on a Hub so that others can enjoy too.
What you will need
You will need the following ingredients;
2 x Chicken Breasts…skinless and boneless
400ml pot of cream
400g of dried pasta (roughly))
Tin of chopped tomatoes
150g of cheese
1 red pepper
1 small red onion
4 Garlic cloves
Italian Herbs & Paprika + S & pepper
2 Tbsp of olive oil
Milk to top up pasta bake at the end
How to make the bake...
Serves around 4 people...
- Okay…to start with you will need to turn the oven on to about 170 degrees…(can’t find degrees on keyboard! Lol)
- Slice the chicken into roughly 1 inch cubes
- Heat up a large frying pan and pour the oil in
- When oil is hot throw in the chicken, stir until beginning to brown
- Chop up pepper, onion and garlic whilst chicken is browning and chuck them all into the pan
- Stir it through as it is cooking…turn the heat down (after about 5-10mins) to medium when veg start to brown
- Put tinned tomatoes in
- Stir it all through then add Italian herbs, Paprika, salt, pepper and if u have any hot sauce or Worcester sauce you can add that in too and whatever else you think may flavour it…let the creative streak in you come out. Turn heat down so it is simmering (just bubbling a wee bit) and let it simmer for 5 mins
- Add cream…mmmm and stir thoroughly, if sauce doesn’t seem gloopy enough, add some milk…needs to be quite a liquid’y sauce as the pasta absorbs a lot of the liquid
- Take a huge baking dish (preferably stoneware) and put the dried pasta in
- Now gently pour your yummy chicken stuff into the dish on top of dry pasta
- Add half the cheese and mix gently but ensure that the pasta does not get out of control lol it needs to be covered with saucy stuff!
- Flatten out…add more milk if necessary and then sprinkle rest of cheese on top
- Lob it in the oven and cook for about 30 – 40 minutes, use your impeccable judgement after 30 mins (take out a piece of pasta from middle and eat it to see is it cooked…that’s what I do)
- Serve and enjoy!
- For added enjoyment serve with crusty bread and a glass of red vino :)