Fabulous Georgia Peach Cobbler
Rate my Fabulous Georgia Peach Cobbler
Being a Georgia native, this recipe is a standard in our house. Georgia peach cobbler is a staple dessert for any meal--especially a Southern one. The key to this recipe is fresh, ripe GEORGIA peaches.
- 1/2 C Butter, I use Land O'Lakes Salted Butter
- 1 C Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 C Sugar, Divided
- 1 C Milk, must be at least 2%
- 4 C Fresh Georgia peaches, skinned and sliced
- Melt butter in an oven-safe 2 QT casserole baking dish or other deep baking dish. Peel and slice your peaches. You can blanch peaches in boiling water for 15-20 seconds to make the skins come off a little easier.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder. Add 1 cup of sugar. Sitr in the milk and continue to stir into a nice batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter, but DO NOT STIR IT!
- Stir peach slices with remaining cup of sugar. Pour peach mixture over the batter mixture, but DO NOT STIR IT! Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees--it should be brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Serve warm!
Just in case you need one:
This is the dish I use--a must have for any kitchen. Great for side dishes too!