- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Fake Fried Chicken
2 lbs thighs(about 8)
1 tbsp oregano
3 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
splash of milk or buttermilk
splash of your favorite hot sauce
1 cup panko crumbs
honey or catsup
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Set wire rack over baking sheet.
- Remove thighs from package and pat dry.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs, oregano, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add splash of milk
- Pour Panko crumbs into second bowl.
- Dip each thigh into egg mixture and gently shake off the extra liquid.
- Roll each thigh in Panko crumbs and set on wire rack over baking sheet. Repeat.
- When done, the tops of the chicken will begin to turn golden, juices run clear and the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F.
If you prefer white meat over dark, use 5-6 chicken breasts, which will serve 5-6. Change the bake time to 55 minutes. Use honey and/or catsup as dipping sauce or drizzle over the chicken before serving.
Baking Sheet or Racks
- OXO Locking Tongs | Williams-Sonoma
Easy-to-use OXO tools are known for their superior quality, and these tongs are no exception. Sturdy stainless steel and soft, nonslip handles provide perfect control when turning or lifting foods. Made of rugged stainless steel with a brushed fini