- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Family Pot Roast Recipe and Video
Family Pot Roast
I so enjoy preparing this family favorite. This pot roast is so easy to make and the family loves it. I give credit to my father who taught me how to cook this recipe. When I make this pot roast, I always thank my father who passed away in 1998. He gave me the love of cooking. I miss him and hope making this pot roast will make you feel that family closeness and connection that my father and I shared.
Family Pot Roast
- 1 Family Beef Pot Roast
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 3 Bay Leaves, Whole
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix, Mixed
- 1 Can Beef Broth
- 1 Table Spoon Olive Oil
Johnny's Family Pot Roast
- Set the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix 1 Cup flour and 1/8 tsp Salt & Pepper
- Spread the flour mixture over both sides of the pot roast
- Cover bottom of pan with olive oil, just enough to cover lightly.
- Set stove top at 5 and sear both sides of pot roast for five minutes.
- In Speckled Roasting Pan Add 2 Bay Leaves, One can beef broth
- Put seared roast on top of the bay leaves and beef broth
- Top pot roast with one can cream of mushroom and one packet of Lipton onion soup mix.
- Cover pot roast with foil and bake 1.5 hours.
- The last 20 minutes of the roast being in the oven, par boil vegetables like: Potatoes cut in quarters, carrots, and celery.
- Add the vegetables all around the sides and on top of the roast.
- Cook roast another 1.5 hours; keep foil on top of roast
- Suction juices from roast throughout the second 1.5 hours cooking process keeping the vegetables moist. Suction and put on top of vegetables.