Family's Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti night is one of are family's favorite nights for dinner.We must have cheesy garlic bread. Bolognese is know and originated from Italy.Traditional it is paired with spaghetti which so called spaghetti bolognese which consist of meat sauce served on a bed of spaghetti. The sauce is usually prepared with ground beef,tomato,onion,bacon,spices and some people like to add additional vegetables to the sauce such as carrots, celery,parsnips,peppers or mushrooms.This dish is often topped by many people with grated Parmesan cheese This is is a wonderful dish to make and enjoy a family dinner around the dinner table.Enjoy!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 oz bacon
- 2 onions
- 8 oz tin tomnato's
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- pinch basil
- pinch salt and pepper
- Crush the garlic and chop the onions.Take your bacon and cut it in to inch thick pieces.
- Heat the oil in the pan.Fry the garlic and onion gently until soft.Add the bacon and the meat and break it up with a fork and cook it until the meat turns brown.
- Add the tomatoes,tomato puree,basil and the seasoning.Stir well,put lid on the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grab a pan,add water to it and add salt and a teaspoon of oil in it (this will help the spaghetti from sticking together) bring to a boil,put the spaghetti in then cook for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Drain the spaghetti well with a colander put the spaghetti in a dish and pour the meat sauce on top.
You can serve the spaghetti with grated cheese on top.Most people like Parmesan cheese and garlic bread.Add a nice green salad
.grab Italian bread or french bread loaf
.1 stick unsalted butter
.2 garlic cloves smashed and minced
.1/4 Parmesan cheese
.1 tablespoon parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Cut the bread in half or small slices.Mix the butter,garlic and parsley together and spread over the bread.Place on a baking sheet and heat the bread in the oven for 10 minutes.Remove the pan and sprinkle the bread with cheese,return back to the oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.Remove from the oven and cool a little bit then serve with you dinner.
- How to Make Fresh Pasta - YouTube
Check out our cooking video library at http://thechoppingblock.net/Chopping-Block-Videos.htm. Shelley shows how to make fresh homemade pasta. Fresh Pasta Dou...
There is nothing better then making homemade pasta i know the idea of making fresh pasta may sound intimidating but starting noodles from scratch is actually incredibly easy.You can use a pasta maker cutter but if you don't have one you can do it by hand by working with small pieces by rolling the dough into a manageable cylinder shape then wrap it in plastic wrap let it rest for an hour.