- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
Beef Recipe - Filipino Bistek
Bistek: A Filipino Beef Steak
Bistek is one of the best Filipino dishes served mainly during some celebrations and gatherings as well as during ordinary meals. It is tagalog name for beef steak, characterized by the presence of the marinated beef (cut into thin pieces) combined with onions (which are cut into circles) and other ingredients that make it so tasty.
The methods of how to cook this type of dish is so easy to prepare and cook that’s why everybody can cook it most especially those people who are considered to be ‘beginners’ in the field of cooking. Here in this below recipe, you will be able to have knowledge on how to cook it. Just prepare the ingredients and you’re ready to cook!
You will need:
× ¼ cup calamansi juice
× ½ kilo sirloin steak (cut into desired pieces)
× ½ cup soy sauce
× 1 teaspoon sugar
× 1 piece garlic (minced)
× 2 pieces potatoes (cut into desired pieces)
× 3 pieces onions (cut into circles)
Here’s how to cook:
1. Marinate the sirloin steak into a bowl with the combination of calamansi juice, soy sauce, garlic and pepper for about 30 to 50 minutes.
2. After that strain the steak and set aside. Do not throw away the marinated sauce.
3. Pour some cooking oil into a frying pan. Make sure that the fire is set into medium heat.
4. Place the potatoes into the pan and let it be fried until it turns slightly brown all over. Set aside.
5. Sauté garlic and the marinated sirloin steak into the pan.
6. Add the marinated sauce and let it boil for a few minutes.
7. When the steak is already tender, add the potatoes and onions. Mix well and let it cook for at least 2 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and serve!
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...