The Famous Nana’s Pumpkin Bread – 20th century secret recipe revealed
Having read and followed this recipe you’ll learn how to make one of the coolest, as I believe, American bakeries which is the famous Nana’s Pumpkin bread. Nana taught me how to cook it so I got the skills directly from the creator and Guru of Pumpkin Breads. It is so good that I cannot keep not eating it when it is ready. Thank you Nana for secret you revealed to me.
Pumpkin Bread Pool
Have you ever made Pumpkin Bread?
- 3,5 cups flour
- 2 tea spoons soda
- 2 tea spoons salt
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
Instruction contain 3 Phases to divide the instruction. These phases are completed at steps 2, 4 and 8.
Ha-ha Yummy Nana's Step
Nana never forgets to scoop a bunch of the batter onto her finger to taste test it!
Do it too!!!
- Mix baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add this mix to a bowl with 3,5 cups of flour and mix it gently with a spoon so that you do not mess up. Leave this mix for a while until needed. Phase I completed, yeh!!!
- In a different small bowl mix all the spices together including nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and ground cloves.
- Add the mixed spices to a bowl with 3 cups of sugar. Leave this mix for a while until needed. Phase II completed, yeh!!!
- Now take a really big Super Bowl because you’ll mix all ingredients in it. In this bowl mix 4 eggs with your mixer and when it is done add 1 cup of oil, mix it and then add 1 can of pumpkin and mix it again.
- Now to the Super Bowl add the mix from Phase II (sugar+spices). Mix the ingredients with your mixer.
- After that add to the Super Bowl the mix from Phase I (which is flour and other stuff). Tip: first add to the Super Bowl half of the flour mix and digest it by the mixer. Add 2/3 cup of water as the flour thickens and mix well. Then add the second half and make a nicely mixed substance.
- You can add a cup of nuts if you wish – pecans, walnuts etc. I personally like it with nuts. This complete Phase III.
- This will make 2 large loaf pans. Bake at 350 for an hour and then be sure to test it since ovens do vary. In some cases I baked it for 80 minutes. You can also make 2 loaf pans and one small. If you make it, small loaf bakes for 45 minutes. You may also make small muffins which bake for 10 minutes to bake.
Enjoy and remember, Nana’s Pumpkin Bread is the Best!!!
- Follow the recipe precisely, do not deviate. If you want the pumpkin bread to be less oily you may put less than a cup of oil.
- Mix in order – mix each addition well before adding the next.
- When pouring the mix into baking pans leave some space so that the bread may rise us when baking.
- Spread some PAM (or butter) on the surface of the the baking pan to avoid the mix sticking to the pan.
- It is best served when cooled down to room temperature.
- You may keep Nana’s pumpkin bread in the freezer for a year (if you need of course) and it will be totally fine. It was already tested. So it works.