Vegetable Recipe - Pinakbet
Famous Pinakbet Recipe
Pinakbet or pakbet is a famous vegetable dish which consists of many varieties of vegetables such as eggplant, string beans, bitter melon and others and is accompanied by pork and shrimp paste. During the Nutrition month, July, this is the dish that many students prefer to cook because of the affordability and availability of the ingredients and aside from that, it can be easily prepared. Below is the recipe of the said dish.
¼ kilogram pork with fat, cut into small pieces
1 ½ cup water
1 piece garlic (minced)
2 pieces bitter melon/ ampalaya (sliced)
2 pieces eggplants (sliced)
2 pieces onions (minced)
5 pieces okra (cut in halves)
5 pieces tomatoes (sliced)
¼ size squash (sliced into cubes)
1 bunch string beans (sliced into 2 inches long)
1 tablespoon of ginger (crushed)
3 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons shrimp paste/ bagoong alamang
How to cook:
1. Pour some cooking oil into a frying pan and fry the pork. When it turns into brown, remove it and set aside.
2. Sauté the garlic, onions, tomatoes and the ginger.
3. In a separate pan, pour some water and the shrimp paste. Let it boil.
4. Add the fried pork into the pan with water and shrimp paste mixture. Let it boil for about 10 minutes and simmer.
5. Add the bitter melon, eggplants, okra, squash and string beans into the pan.
6. Let it boil for a few minutes. But be sure not to overcook the vegetables.
7. Add salt and pepper depending on the taste that is appropriate for you.
8. The dish is now ready to serve.
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...