- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Fancy Everyday Chicken Log
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: Makes about 3 cups of spread.
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken, Minced
- 2 (8 ounce packages) Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Tablespoon Steak Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/4 Cup Celery, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Almonds, Toasted
- 1 Package Crackers
- Cook the chicken with oil in a pan on medium heat until cooked through.
- Mince the chicken by cutting into small cubes. Then dice and chop the cubes into very small pieces should look like ground beef when done.
- Season the minced chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add any other seasoning. I sometimes add oregano.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the Cream Cheese, Steak Sauce and Curry Powder.
- Blend in the Chicken and Celery and add 2 Tablespoons of the Parsley.
- Refrigerate the rest of the Parsley.
- Shape the mixture into a 9 inch log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and chill for about 4 hours. (I often chill overnight)
- Once chilled, toss the remaining parsley and almonds and coat the log.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!