Fancy Up Your Fat-Free Brownies - Decadent Chocolate Desserts
Love chocolate but tired of plain old brownies? Need a simple, luxurious dessert for your dinner party that won't take hours to make? Use this easy fat-free brownie recipe with the below modifications to fancy up your basic brownies! These healthy treats can be made with sugar for those less calorie-concious, or with splenda for low-carb dieters and diabetics. Either way, they're guaranteed to pop eyes and tickle taste buds, and have your guests begging for the recipe!
Want things even simpler? Use No-Pudge Brownie mixes!
- 1 batch fat-free brownies
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added raspberry spread
- 3 cups slow-churned chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup low-fat chocolate frosting
Line a freezer-safe 1.5-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Chill baked, cooled brownies for 30 minutes. Cut brownies into small pieces, pat into bowl to form crust. Stir 2 tablespoons raspberry spread into ice cream, and spoon into crust. Cover, freeze 8 hours or until firm. Melt frosting in microwave on high 45 seconds or until thin. Turn ice cream bombe out onto serving platter, coat with melted frosting. Melt remaining fruit spread and drizzle over finished bombe.
- For a completely fat-free dessert, use frozen yogurt in place of ice cream, and sprinkle with powdered sugar in place of frosting.
- For a sugar-free dessert, bake brownies with splenda, and use sugar-free jam, ice cream, and frosting.
- Vary ice cream, frosting, and fruit spread flavors. Suggestions: vanilla ice cream with marmalade, chocolate ice cream with strawberry spread, mint chocolate chip ice cream with no spread and vanilla frosting, etc.
Rich Chocolate Torte
- 1 batch fat-free brownies, baked in 8-inch round pan
- 6 Tbsp no-sugar-added strawberry fruit spread
- 1/2 cup low-fat chocolate frosting
- fresh strawberries for garnish
Cut brownie in half crosswise to produce two layers. Spread 1/4 cup strawberry spread evenly over bottom layer, place other half on top. Melt frosting in microwave on high 45 seconds until thin. Pour over top of torte and spread over top and sides. Melt remaining fruit spread and pour onto serving plates before placing slices on them. Garnish with slices of fresh strawberry.
- For completely fat-free dessert, pour melted fruit spread over torte in place of frosting.
- For sugar-free dessert, bake brownies with splenda and use sugar-free jam and frosting.
- Vary fruit spread and frosting flavors.
Mocha Fudge Pie
- 1 batch fat-free brownies (see instructions for special directions)
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 cup coffee-flavored fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 4-serving packages fat-free instant chocolate pudding mix
Dissolve instant coffee into hot water. Mix fat-free brownies according to instructions, stir in coffee mixture, then spread over inside of sprayed pie plate and bake half of specified time or until firm but not over-dry. Cool and chill. Whisk together skim milk and yogurt until smooth, then whisk in pudding mix until it starts to thicken. Pour into chilled pie crust and refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes.
- For sugar-free dessert, simply use sugar-free yogurt.
- Top with fat-free or sugar-free whipped topping, if desired.
More Recipes You Might Like...
- Delicious Low-Fat No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Quick and easy favorites like Chocolate Marble Mousse Pie, White Chocolate Cheesecake, Strawberries-N-Cream Cake, and Mmm-Mmm-Mocha Trifle in low-fat and sugar-free versions
- Quick and Easy Fat-Free Desserts
Simple, easy-to-follow recipes for fat-free favorites like Apple Cobbler, Chocolate Cupcakes, Pumpkin Bars, Pear Tart, and Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
- Quick and Easy Recipes for Diet-Friendly Pies
Make health-concious, yet delicious pies from scratch with simple recipes for these household favorites: Apple, Pecan, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Berry Custard
- Oatmeal-Based Fat-Free Cookie Recipes
The best tasty recipes for quick and easy fat-free cookies, including Oatmeal-Raisin, Oatmeal-Brownie, Orange-Cranberry, Pumpkin-Raisin, and Oatmeal-Ginger.