Create Fabulous Recipes With Leftovers
Ever wonder what to do with leftovers? Get creative, and pretend your on "Chopped". The cooking showthat has professional chefs, and home cooks, creating dishes from secret ingredients they don't know about until the the challenge begins. After each round someone is chopped, and sent home if their food isn't worthy. After the dessert round, the last contestant remaining is the winner.
Two nights ago I made 4 pieces of salmon, baked in the oven with a pineapple soya glaze. It was fantastic, but i still had leftovers. What do I do? How about turning the salmon fillets into fish cakes with a coconut cornmeal crust, and a sweet chili Thai aoli.
Recipe: Salmon Cakes
2 4oz. salmon fillets cooked
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
salt/ pepper to taste
1 clove minced garlic
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup decicated coconut, unsweetened
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
1/3 cup Thai chilli sauce
1. Pulse salmon in food processor until salmon is shredded, but not puréed.
2. Mix salmon, chopped green onion, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, garlic, salt, pepper, 2tbsp of cornmeal, and egg together. If your mixture is too wet add some more cornmeal until you can shape patties together without falling apart.
3. In a bowl mix cornmeal, panko, coconut, and garlic salt together.
4. Coat salmon cakes in cornmeal mixture.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add salmon cakes and cook until golden brown on each side.
Sweet Thai Chilli Aioli Recipe
1. Mix mayonnaise, and Thai chilli sauce together