- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Farmer's Breakfast Egg Casserole Recipe to Freeze or Bake
Farmer's Breakfast Egg Casserole Recipe hot and ready to serve.
Our customers liked this recipe because it is full of cheesy potatoes mixed with ham, onions and topped with a sweet egg mixture.
This egg casserole dish freezes well. For the frugal cooks, use up leftover meat and vegetables in a new way that will be sure to please. This entrée is hearty enough to serve as "Breakfast for Dinner."
Ingredients for Farmer's Breakfast Egg Casserole Recipe
This recipe will make 6 servings, either in 1 large 9.5 x 13.5 baking dish or two smaller round (9 inch) baking pans. Gather and and prepare the following ingredients prior to assembly:
- 6 cups hash browns, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup (1 can) evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Layer the following ingredients in the baking tins:
Monterey Jack cheese
Buy Cookbooks with Breakfast and Brunch Ideas at Amazon and Save
- Combine the egg, evaporated milk, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the mixture in the tins(s). Pour half the mixture in each tin if the breakfast casserole has been split into two tins.
- Follow cooking directions below to cook this entrée now.
- Label tins that will be frozen with the cooking directions.
Wrap portions you plan to freeze by encasing the baking tin in aluminum foil and then plastic wrap.
Print and Cut Cooking Directions
Farmer's Breakfast Egg Casserole Recipe
Instructions: Thaw casserole in refrigerator for approx. 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for approx. 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Internal temperature should register 160F.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with fresh fruit wedges.
No. of Servings:__________________
Tips and Suggestions
- Substitute your favorite ingredients in this dish, like bacon, sausage.
- Make it vegetarian by leaving out the meat and adding more vegetables, like mushrooms, zucchini and spinach.
- Try different cheeses or combinations of cheeses, like sharp cheddar cheese.
- Consume frozen casseroles within 2 months of freezing for best quality.
Farmer's Breakfast Egg Casserole Ready to go in the Oven.
Other Make Ahead and Freeze Breakfast Recipes
- Quiche Recipes to Make Ahead and Freeze
Make ahead and freeze quiche recipes and you will always have a special breakfast on hand. These quiche recipes freeze well and were a staple at our meal assembly store.
- Baked French Toast with Fruit
Our customers enjoyed this Baked French Toast recipes with peaches. Pick your favorite fruit. Entertaining does not get any better than this. Refrigerator overnight or freeze and bake when you are ready.
- Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole Recipe
The Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole recipe is a make ahead and freeze recipe that was often requested by our meal assembly customers for special occasions. Entertaining is easy with this easy breakfast casserole.