- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Fat Free Cauliflower Burrito – Simple and Tasty
Hello, this is living with pulmonary hypertension since 2004 and I am making today fat free cauliflower burrito. The Cauliflower made here is cooked with a great blend of spices and folded into a burrito style home made tortilla with green cilantro sauce and collard greens. This is so simple to make and full of nutritious ingredients.
Do you know that the first reliable reference to cauliflower is found in the writings of the Arab Muslim scientists Ibn al-'Awwam and Ibn al-Baitar, which date from the 12th and 13th centuries.
Ingredients for Cauliflower
- I Medium size of cauliflower ,cut into small florets)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
Serves : 4-6 people.
Cooking Time: 10-20
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix all the dried spices like coriander powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, ready made masala and add 4 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Test the heat by adding few pieces of cumin seeds to the oil; if seeds start crack right away then you know that oil is ready.
- Now add cumin seeds to the oil after seeds crack add the bay leaves (optional) and green chilies and stir for a few seconds.
- Next, add onion and garlic, sautéed it until golden brown.
- Add spice paste and stir for a minute until spices start leaving the oil.
- Add cauliflower and mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir gently every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with fresh cilantro (green coriander). Mix everything and cover for a minute. Adjust the salt to your taste.
How to Assemble the Burrito
For Burrito: You will need tortilla, salsa or green cilantro chutney which can be made at home, green leaves like collard green or lettuce.
To assemble burrito: Take a tortilla, if it`s fresh home made you do not need to heat it up but if it is store bought, heat it. Now it`s time to line up your prepared cauliflower, a little off center on the tortilla followed by a spoon full of green cilantro chutney, 2-3 spoon chopped collard green or lettuce . Now take four edges of the burrito, spin it around, fold it over, and then the opposite side comes over with it. When you get to the end, tuck everything in so that it forms a nice seal and holds everything inside. This way it is sealed,nothing comes out and you get a little bit of cauliflower, collard and green sauce in each bite.
If you want to make it tastier, add chopped tomatoes,cilantro, salsa, rice and chicken . Now perfect fat free cauliflower burrito is ready.
Health Benefit of Cauliflower
- A chemical found in cauliflower: Indole3carbinol helps to repair DNA structure.
- When chop, releases a compound: sulforaphane, helps to reduce the cancer.
- Low in fat, contain high fiber, vitamin C, fol-ate and low carbohydrate.
- High intake reduces prostrate cancer.
Organic Cayenne Powder
Try these Recipes!
- How to Cook Delicious Lunch and your own Tortilla at...
Pulmonary hypertension condition is not going to stop me for cooking lunch, steamed rice and home made tortilla. See how I manage it through cooking.
- How Easy and Simple is to Make Batura or Fried Bread...
Learn how to make Bhature from scratch. A great mouth watering dish, easy to make at home.
- Healthy Cabbage Recipe with Steamed Rice
Learn how to make healthy cabbage recipe. This is also a good way to help me out to release my stress of dealing pulmonary hypertension by cooking different recipes everyday. See how I do it.
- How to Cook Red Cargo Rice and Kidney Beans - A Comp...
Kidney beans and red Basmati rice are complete balanced meal to cook for lunch or diner.Learn how to cook these in easy steps.
- How to Make Aloo ka Parantha and Eggplant Bhartha
Mouth watering and soft aloo ka paratha with baigan or eggplant bhartha. Simple to make and double in taste.