Favorite Side Dishes for Cookouts
Now that the weather is warm, it’s time to start making plans for summer cookouts! Whether you enjoy preparing family dinners on your grill, frequently host large barbecue events in your backyard, or enjoy taking summer camping trips, you know that the side dishes you serve to go along with your favorite grilled and barbecue meats are an important key to a successful cookout.
Five Simple Cookout Side Dish Recipe Ideas
There are so many great side dish ideas for cookout meals that the possibilities are nearly endless. Here are a few great recipes that you might want to create the next time you decide to prepare a meal on your grill:
1. Corn Casserole Recipes: Corn is a summer favorite, making it a popular side-dish choice for many cookouts. If you’re looking for something a little more interesting than boiled corn on the cob, consider one of the four simple and great-tasting corn casserole recipe ideas in this informative hub.
2. Marinated Bean Salad: If you’re looking for a cold salad to serve at a cookout that’s a little more unexpected than a traditional green salad, consider preparing the tasty marinated six-bean salad recipe featured in this hub. It’s a great choice for cookouts because it can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until time to serve.
3. Coleslaw Recipes: If you love coleslaw but hesitate to serve it for outdoor meals because you’re concerned about mayonnaise, you’ll be really excited to discover the three mayo-free coleslaw recipe varieties in this hub. They’re ideal side dish choices for outdoor dining.
4. Crock Pot Barbecue Bean Recipe: Visit this hub for quick and easy instructions to prepare delicious barbecue beans in your slow cooker. This is a great way to enjoy the delicious flavor of baked beans without adding extra heat to your kitchen by operating your full-size oven. If you have a plug outside, you can even allow the beans to simmer outside where the rest of the meal is being prepared.
5. Fruit Salad Recipes: Who says side dishes have to be vegetables or starches? If you’re looking for something cool and refreshing to serve as a side dish at your next cookout, consider one of the tasty fruit salad recipes in this hub. They can be made quickly and easily and can serve double-duty as dessert dishes.
Suggestions to Share?
Do you have other favorite side dish recipes that would be perfect choices for cookout events? Please feel free to leave your suggestions and tips in the comments section below!