- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Filet Mignon - A Teriyaki Steak Recipe
A tender, juicy recipe for filet mignon that provides a deliciously caramelized exterior.
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Cold Water
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
4 - 8oz. Filet Mignon Steaks
- Combine first eight ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer until sauce thickens to a glaze like consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place glaze and steaks in a large zip top bag and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill steaks over high heat for two minutes then rotate steaks one quarter turn, grill another two minutes then turn steaks over and grill four more minutes. Remove from grill to a plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. This will provide medium rare steak; adjust cooking cooking time to your liking.
- Present on plate with double hash marks facing up.