- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Firehook Bakery Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
This is the original recipe for the Firehook Bakery Pumpkin Muffins that you can buy in their store. This is by far the absolute best pumpkin muffin you will ever eat. If you don't like pumpkin or have men in your home that hate pumpkin don't worry. It taste more like a moist spice muffin. They will not even know the difference. The walnuts on top give it an extra crunch- but if you are allergic to nuts- just omit them. This recipe make about 16 big muffins. Don't worry about the quantity because they will go very fast. They are also great to bring to church events, school etc.
To give you a little history- this company was founded in 1922 and has about 3 locations both which are located in Washington and one in Virginia.The Firehook bakery was originally established to offer home cooked bakery items. It all started when the founder wanted to offer a neighborhood bakery. The name itself has history behind it. It is derived from the title bestowed upon bakers in Ancient Egypt. These men were referred to as ‘Firehooks,’ due to the hook-shaped tool that was used to pull baked breads from the oven during that era.
When you take a big bite into your ever so moist pumpkin muffin- think about history and where bread originally started.Thank you Firehook Bakery for your wonderful recipe!
- 3 3/4 cups pure pumpkin, You can use can but fresh is so much better
- 6 eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups flour, You can use 3 cups of wheat flour substitute if want a healthier version
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 Tablespoons Sugar, for topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, for topping. Can use pecan substitute
- Approximately 16 Cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Get out a large muffin pan. You want these muffins nice and big and moist. Line each pan with a paper cupcake liner. You will want to stretch out the paper liner and place in the pan holes. Its ok the paper will only go half way.
- Once your pan is lined with cups- start to melt your butter in a bowl by placing it in the microwave for a few seconds. You want it almost all the way melted- but not completely.
- Pour your butter into a big bowl. Use a mixer and start to add your 3 cups sugar to the melted butter and mix well till the butter cools off a little. Start to mix in your eggs one by one mixing well. Add your pumpkin pure and water mix well. Set aside
- In a large seperate bowl add your flour; baking powder; baking soda, salt, all your spices and sift together to thoroughly blend well. Don't skip this step- it makes the muffins fluffy.
- Slowly add your dry mixture to your wet mixture mixing well in between.
- In another small bowl add your 8 Tablespoons sugar with your chopped walnuts and set aside.
- Use an ice cream scooper and fill the cups half way with your wet mixture. Sprinkle each cup with your walnut sugar mixture. Bake this for 20 minutes and continue till all of your muffins are complete. Place the muffins on a cooling rack in between batches.
- If you would like to use bananas instead- than use 4 smashed ripe bananas instead of the pumpkin