- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
My husband hates vegetables. Like seriously the only way I can get him to eat them is to cover them in bacon and butter. So in attempts to make a dish that has loads of veggies and trick him into eating them I came up with...
- 1lb Ground Beef, You can substitute plain pulled chicken if you prefer.
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 bag Frozen corn
- 1 can Diced tomatoes
- 4 whole Russet Potatoes
- 1 bag Frozen Green Beans
- 1 bag Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 container Sour cream
- To taste Salt
- To Taste Cracked pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- Cook off your ground beef in a skillet. Cook your beef until it reaches 165 degrees. You can drain off the excess fat if you prefer but I usually leave it; fat is flavor. Then mix in the taco seasoning.
- Peel, dice, and boil your potatoes in a separate pot. Once done drain the water off and sprinkle the garlic powder on top.
- Get out a casserole dish and spray it with Pam. After that begin layering like a lasagna: Beef on bottom then green beans, sour cream, and then spread the diced tomatoes. Finish with cheddar cheese on top!
Frank's is Magic.
Balance in flavor.
So I didn't add Frank's to the recipe or ingredients because if you are cooking for children you aren't going to want to dump that all over the dish, but if you like Frank's then dump it on. Frank's makes everything better, and if you don't believe me ask the professionals.
When I was in Culinary School one of my instructors told us to help get balance for your dish add some Frank's, honey, and salt to any dish. Obviously you don't want to go crazy with any of these ingredients bit sugar helps balance acidity, salt brings out the natural flavor especially in meats, and hot sauce helps pull different flavors out.