Recipe For Fish Dopiaza
- 700 gms Boneless fish
- 2 nos Onions (Large)
- 4 nos Green Chillies
- 2 tsp Chopped garlic
- 2 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Corainder seeds(dhania dana)
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp Green cardamom
- 5 nos Cloves
- 3 tsp Mustard Oil
- 4 tsp Ghee
- 3 nos Chopped tomato
- 1 cup Water
- to taste Salt
- for garnishing Corainder Leaves
- Mix Coriander seeds, cumin seeds, 1 tsp turmeric powder, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves and grind to a fine powder.
- Cut 1 onion into thick slices and another onion into thin slices.
- Cut fish into 2 inch pieces.Wash and clean fish. Pat it dry.
- Marinate fish with 1 tsp of salt and a1 tsp of turmeric powder and keep it aside.
- Mix thin slices of onion with green chillies,garlic and ginger.
- Mix the ground powder with the finely chopped onion mixture.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan. Fry the thick sliced onion.keep stirring it frequently till it gets golden brown in colour.Remove the onions from the pan with perforated spoon so that the Oil gets drained back into the pan.
- Add spice onion mixture to the remaining ghee in the pan. Cook it till the mixture leaves the oil from its sides.
- Add tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes becomes soft and the tomato juice gets evaporated.
- Add fish pieces to it stir carefully to avoid breaking.
- Add water and salt. Cover the pan with lid and cook till the fish gets just cooked.
- Add the fried onions and again cover it and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Remove in serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice