Fish Tikka Recipe.
Fish is very good food. It is easily available, can cook in little or no oil. Very healthy as it is full of omega 3 fatty acid.. It is very good for heart as it reduce bad cholesterol (Low Density Lipoprotein). LDL clogs arties which lead to high blood pressure and is rich in HDL which is good lipoprotein. HDL can not only reduce LDL but also take it from the arteries and make it available for the use by the body.
Coming to Fish tikka, this is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of world there is large Indian or Pakistani population like Britain. The fish used in this dish are Surmei, Singhara and you can use Salmon fish where Surmei fish is not available.
1. Fish: 750 grams / 1 pound 10 oz fillets, skinned.
2. Saffron thread: 1 pinch pounded.
3. Hot milk: 1 Tsp
4. Yogurt / Curd: 100 ml / 4 oz
5. Garlic Puree: 1 Tsp
6. Ginger Puree: 1 Tsp
7. Table Salt: 1 Tsp
8. Granulated Sugar: ½ Tsp
9. Juice of half lemon.
10.Red Chilli Powder: 1 Tsp
11.Garam masala : ½ Tsp
12.Fennel Seeds: 1 Tsp grounded
13. Gram Floor: 2 Tsp
14. Olive Oil: 3 Tsp + little extra for brushing
15.Sliced tomatoes and cucumber to garnish
16.Sliced lemon to serve.
1. Take pounded saffron and soak it in hot milk for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Except for fish and Olive oil, take all other ingredients in to a bowl and whisk them with a fork or wire whisk until they are smoothly blend in to each other.
3. Now take the milk in to which saffron was added and put it in the above mixture. Beat it well so it also blends in that mixture.
4. Now take the fish and cut it in to small 2 inch or 5 cm pieces and put the fish pieces in to the mixture.
5. Now take a spoon and gently mix the mixture with the fish. Making sure that fish is covered from all side with this mixture.
6. Now cover this marinated fish and keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
7. After 2 hours take the fish out and let it gain some temperature so it gets to room temperature.
8. Now pre heat the grill to high. Now on the grill rack paint oil with the brush.
9. Take 8 skews and oil them slightly.
10. Now line the grill pan with foil.
11.Now take a skew and pass it through fish pieces, leaving a small gap between fish pieces.
12. Repeat this with all 8 skews.
13. Arrange skews on the grill pan and put it in the preheated oven and cook for 3 minutes.
14. Now brush the fish with olive oil and heat for about a minute more.
15. Now turn over the skews and put some more oil and if any marinade left and cook for another 3 minutes.
16.Now put remaining oil on the fish and cook for 2 minutes more.
17.Now fish would give a little charred look.
18. Remove the fish from the heat and leave it to cool for 5 minutes or so,
19. Garnish with sliced tomatoes and cucumber.
20.Serve it with lemon wedges to squeeze over the fish.
More Hubs from me
- Chicken Do Piaza
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty