- Food and Cooking
Recipe | Fish With Yogurt
Bengali name : Doi Maach
This is another mouth watering Bengali dish. It is also very simple to cook. You must try it!
INGREDIENTS ( Serves for 3-4)
- Rohu (Sweet water fish) Fish fillets cleaned ½ kg
- Yogurt 200 gm
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Clarified butter 25 gm
- Cloves 2 nos
- Green cardamom 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick 1 no
- Bay leaf 1 no
- Black peppercorns 5 nos
- Chopped Onion 100 gms
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp
- Raisins (soaked cleaned with water) 25 gm
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish fillets for half an hour with turmeric powder and half the yogurt.
- Heat the clarified butter and fry the fish fillets till it is almost done. Remove the fish and keep it in a separate dish.
- Add cloves, green cardamons, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and peppercorn in the remaining clarified butter. Sauté for a while.
- Add chopped onion and ginger paste. Cook till onion gets brown.
- Add remaining yogurt, red chilli powder and a cup of water.
- Add fried fish fillets and cook in low flames for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and raisins.
Serve with fine rice.