- Food and Cooking
Fish in Parchment Packet
Impress dinner guests by presenting them with their very own fish and vegetables pouches. Steaming fish in parchment paper is a healthy and delicious way of cooking your fish. It’s a no fuss cooking with unlimited possibilities. I used the vegetables I had on hand but you can use broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower or any vegetable you have in your refrigerator. You can be creative with these packets by using different herbs and seasonings for added flavors. The best part of this dish is there is no cleanup afterward yay.
- 2 pieces parchment paper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 white fish fillets
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Season fish fillets on both sides. Fold the parchment paper in half to create a crease for easy handling. Place the chopped onions in the center just below the crease. Lay the fish fillet on top of the onions. Layer with chopped vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- To make a packet, fold the parchment paper over the fish. Starting with one end, grab the corner of the packet and fold it over tightly. Keep folding until you reach the other end. Pinch both ends under to secure the packet.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Transfer each parchment packet to a dinner plate. Cut the top open with a scissors or knife. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish and serve.