Five Arab Food to Try Before You Die
Every country has its special dishes as a traditional meal. In Jordan for example, they eat Mansaf in every occasion such as wedding, consolation, Graduation, family feast, parties and so on. However, there are five traditional Arab dishes/foods are a miracle; you will never forget its taste as long as you alive, they will take you away among Arab culture. They are easy to make, let your family change the routine and try something new. Five different dishes from five different countries from five different cultures, you must to eat them before you die.
Mansaf is a Jordanian traditional dish, mainly made of rice, dried yogurt and lamb. In addition to supplements such as almond, nut, and parsley
- Put a pot on fire to heat up corn oil, fry the meat for one minuet then immerse it in boiled water, keep it boiling until its color changes. Moreover, strain lamb soup
- Add the onion, cardamom, cinnamon, Laurus nobilis, and pepper to the lamb and left it for 2 hours, then filter it.
- Mix dried yogurt in mixer, then put it in pot, and stir until it boils.
- Put buttermilk and eggs in another pot and stir slowly until the eggs disappear, then put the pot on heat and stir until it boils.
- Pour boiled dried yogurt on buttermilk then stir them, then add one litter of lamb soup.
- Add the lamb, chicken stock squares and salt to the Buttermilk and keep them boiling until you get the desired density, then take them off the heat.
- put the rice in a pot and heat it with oil, then add boiled water and keep it on heat until get cooked.
- Pour the rice on a dish, then pour a little of buttermilk on it, put the lamb on top with almond and parsley. Finally, pour the yogurt in a bowl and serve hot.
- 1 kg lamb, large pieces
- 2 kg Buttermilk
- 1/2 kg yogurt, dried
- 6 cups rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 squares MAGGI chicken stock
- 4/1 cup corn oil
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 5 pieces cardamom
- 1 cinnamon, stick
- 1 Laurus nobilis
- 5 cups water, boiled
- 4 tsp almond, well fried
- 4 tsp parsley, chopped
Have you ever eaten Mansaf? If yes, tell us how it tastes in comment section
Kushari is an Egyptian traditional dish, mainly made of rice, lentils and macaroni. if you go to Egypt, you will find dining cars everywhere selling Kushari.
Prep time: 30 min Cook time: 1 hour 30 min Ready in: 2 hours Yields: Serves two people
- Hot spices: mash garlic with pepper, salt, cumin and lemon, and then pour water.
- Chop the onion then fry.
- Red sauce: pour oil in a pot and fry garlic, then add tomatoes, tomato paste, a tsp salt and pepper.
- Rice: put 1/4 cup oil in a put, then fry vermicelli for one minute, then add 3 cups rice and 4 cups water.
- Lentils: boil it and add salt and cumin
- Boil the macaroni for ten minutes.
- Pour the rice in a dish, then the macaroni, then lentils and onion. After that, pour red souse and hot spices.
- 3 Cups rice
- 2 Cups lentils
- 1 Can macaroni
- 2 Big onions
- 2/1 Cup vermicelli
- Red sauce (five tomatoes, 4tsp tomato paste, and 7 cloves of garlic)
- Hot spices (Hot green pepper, 3 cloves of garlic, and 2 lemons)
Have you ever eaten Kushari? If yes, tell us how it tastes in comment section
Couscous is an Algerian traditional dish, mainly made of meat and vegetable stew.
Prep time: 20 min Cook time: 45 min Ready in: 1hour and 5 min Yields: Serves two people
- Cut the chicken into pieces, put it in pot with 1/4 cup oil, and then fry it.
- Chop the onions and add it to the pot, then pour water until all the ingredients get flooded. Then keep it on heat for half hour.
- Cut the carrots and add it to the pot, wait 10 minutes then add hummus.
- Cut the potatoes and add them to the pot with zucchinis.
- Cut the pumpkin into big squares and add it to the pot with boiled water, pepper and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil to Couscous then put it on Couscoussier (look at the image below to know what Couscoussier is) and left it for 20 minuets.
- Put the couscous in a pot with another 1/4 cup olive oil, one-cup water and salt, stir all of then together.
- Put couscous again on the couscoussier ant left it until get ready.
- Pour the couscous on a dish then vegetables and chicken, pour the soup in a bowl and serve with couscous.
- 1 Kg chicken
- ½ kg Couscous (a type of North African semolina in granules made from crushed durum wheat)
- 1-cup hummus
- 4 Zucchinis
- 4 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1/4 kg pumpkin
- 4 carrots
- 1 tsp pepper
Have you ever eaten couscous? If yes, tell us how it tastes in comment section
Tabbouleh is a Lebanese traditional dish, mainly made of tomatoes, onion, bulgur and parsley. It considered as a breakfast because it is light.
Prep time: 30min Cook time: 0 min Ready in: 30 min Yields: Serves four people
- Soak the bulgur with lemon juice and salt for a while.
- Add cinnamon to onion
- Put tomato in a bowl with onion, mints, bulgur and parsley. Mix them together, and then add pomegranate juice.
- Add olive oil the serve.
- 8 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 4 tsp finely chopped mints
- 4 big tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 tsp bulgur
- Lemon juice
- Pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Have you ever eaten Tabbouleh? If yes, tell us how it tastes in comment section
Tajine is a Moroccan traditional dish, mainly made of olive, onion, carrot chicken
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 20 min Ready in: 35 min Yields: Serves three people
- Boil olives in water twice with sugar and vinegar.
- Fry onion and chicken with a little oil in a pot.
- Cut the carrots and add it to the pot, then olives, salt, paper and water. Keep the heat low, it will take 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes and fry it, serve it with Tajine.
- 100-gram green olive without kernel
- 2 carrots
- An onion
- A piece of chicken
Have you ever eaten Tajine? If yes, tell us how it tastes in comment section
These are the most famous and delicious Arab dishes. If you find it hard to make such dishes, you can find Arab restaurants and order any of these dishes, trust me, they are unforgettable. They will take you away to Arab culture. try to take this journey to delicious taste with your family.