Cumin and 4 spices that help you lose weight and stay healthy
Weight Loss and staying healthy is a concern for most. Lot of people dieting are often unhappy with the food they are eating. Diet foods dont alwyas have to taste bad. There are few simple spices that can be used with almost any kind of food. In this article I will be listing five of those spices and few suggestions about how you could use it. These spices are more common in Asian and European communities but are gaining populrity in the US too.
Most of these spices are rich in Antioxidants. Antioxidants are capable of slowing down the oxidation reactions going on in our body. In simpler terms, oxidation reaction produces something called free radicals, these free radicals try to pair up with others and thus starting a chain reaction which can ultimately damage cells. Antioxidants terminate these chain reactions by removing free radical intermediates.
Even though Antioxidants might not help directly lose weight, the support you get from antioxidants help you stay healthy and feel better during weight loss making the whole process easier.
Learn more about Himalayan spices at Nepalabout.com
- Cilantro/ Corrainder
Picture of Cilantro leaves and seeds
Corrainder seeds, corrainder powder and Cilantro leaves are a very common part of Indian food. However, they can easily be used with any kind of food. Chopped cilantro leaves give fresh flavor to any kind of salads, sandwiches and other hot and cold food. Give it a try , you will be surprised how well this little spice goes with anything and enhance any food flavor with ease.
Corrainder seeds and powders can easily be purchased in any grocery stores. They can be used in any kind of soups and stews.
Researchers are continously studying the benefits of Cilantro and coming up with new benefits periodically. Here are few well established ones:
Coriander seed and cilantro leaves have many known health benefits and researchers are finding more every day. Here are 13 known benefits:
1. Protects against the Salmonella bacteria
2. Very high content of phytonutrients and flavonoids
3. Aids in digestion and helps settle the stomach and prevent flatulence
4. Is an anti-inflammatory that may alleviate symptoms of arthritis
5. Protects against urinary tract infections
6. Prevents nausea
7. Relieves intestinal gas
8. Lowers blood sugar
9. Lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesteraol (HDL)
10. A good source of dietary fiber, iron and magnesium.
Cumin seeds and powder
Cumin is a very common spice in latin American, Middle eastersn, Indian Cuisine but again can be used with any other kind of food too. Cumin can be used in soups, stews, vegetables , and any grilled meat.
1. Cumin is said to increase the heat in the body thus making metabolism more efficient. This can be very helful to aid in weightloss.
2. It can help with flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea, nausea, morning sickness, and atonic dyspepsia.
Turmeric is a spice native to south Asia. It is often not very easy to implement Turmeric into your cooking mainly due to its color. This can be used in grilling but in a very small amount. Similarly, it can be used in sourps, yellow cake, yogurt, meats, and some type of salads.
1. It is known to have antibacterial capibility
2. A Potent, Yet Safe Anti-Inflammatory
3. High in Antioxidants
4. An Effective Treatment for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
5.Relief for Rheumatoid Arthritis
7. Help Lower Cholesterol