Foil Packet Recipe - Fast Food Made Simple
One Dish Meal
Simple, fast and delicious!
This is a recipe that I make all year round but summer is always the best time to cook this recipe. I live near several farmer's markets and I change this recipe according to what is freshest and looks best when I am shopping.
This meal can be made if you are in a hurry and just want to throw together a bunch of stuff that you have on hand. I use this as a camping recipe because it can be made ahead and when you arrive at your camping spot you can throw them on the grill and have supper by the time your camp is set up.
- 1 lb Ground Beef, made into 5 patties
- 3 Carrots, sliced into rings
- 1 head Broccoli, Cut into florets
- 3 lbs Fingerling, Cut into halves
- 1 Med Sweet Onion, Cut into rings
- Fresh Herbs
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Wrap it Up - I'll Take it!
- Mix carrots, potatoes and herbs together and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place hamburger patty on top of aluminum foil.
- Layer the onion slices and vegetables on top of the patty.
- Wrap loosely with foil leaving a small hole in the top of the first piece of foil.
- Take a second piece of foil (I use heavy duty for the second piece) and wrap it but don't wrap it too tightly just make sure you close it completely.
- Place your packet on the grill and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
This recipe is so versatile. You can choose any vegetables or herbs that suit your taste buds. It can be prepared ahead for a fast one dish meal anytime. You can bake it at approximately 350` for about 30 - 40 minutes if you want to cook indoors. This can also be made right over hot coals or a campfire.
I have two young daughters so I love this recipe too because I can easily change each packet according to their personal taste. One likes onions, the other doesn't. I also make one larger packet for my husband and smaller patties for the girls so that nothing has to go to waste. I tend to throw together whatever I have on hand. Garlic salt/powder, Onion powder or dried herbs will work in a pinch. This meal is delicious, healthy and won't hurt your pocketbook either!