French Peas and Lettuce
Use fresh peas for the preparation. If it is not available frozen peas can be used. If you are using frozen, use petite peas.
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic, Halved or minced
- 3 Cups Fresh or Frozen peas
- 1 Small romaine or butter lettuce, Coarsely chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Dried thyme
- ¼ Cup Water
- As required Sea salt, Seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet butter, (Optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy saucepan. Add garlic, and saute 2-3 minutes to flavor butter. Remove garlic (if halved) and add peas. Saute to coat with butter. Add lettuce, thyme, water and sea salt. Simmer,covered over low heat for 5 minutes for frozen peas and for 10-15 minutes for fresh peas, stirring frequently to make sure peas don’t burn. If water is absorbed before fresh peas are soft, add a little more. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter, if desired. Use as sauce for couscous, or combine with couscous and mix well.