- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
French Peas and Lettuce
Use fresh peas for the preparation. If it is not available frozen peas can be used. If you are using frozen, use petite peas.
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic, Halved or minced
- 3 Cups Fresh or Frozen peas
- 1 Small romaine or butter lettuce, Coarsely chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Dried thyme
- ¼ Cup Water
- As required Sea salt, Seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet butter, (Optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy saucepan. Add garlic, and saute 2-3 minutes to flavor butter. Remove garlic (if halved) and add peas. Saute to coat with butter. Add lettuce, thyme, water and sea salt. Simmer,covered over low heat for 5 minutes for frozen peas and for 10-15 minutes for fresh peas, stirring frequently to make sure peas don’t burn. If water is absorbed before fresh peas are soft, add a little more. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter, if desired. Use as sauce for couscous, or combine with couscous and mix well.