- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
French Tomato Cream Soup
- How to Make Homemade Tomato Soup - A Fresh and Easy ...
Learn how to make the easiest and tastiest homemade tomato soup to impress your family and friends - simple tomato ingredients and fresh basil add wonderous flavours to this soup
- Creamy squash and tomato soup with mascarpone: a si...
An easy recipe for deliciously creamy squash and tomato soup.
- Garden Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
This recipe uses fresh vegetables and tomatoes for a richly flavored, low calorie treat! Perfect for the summer months when the surplus tomatoes start building up.
- French Onion Soup (vegetarian)
Ooey-gooey cheesy goodness--french onion soup for the vegetarian palate, and a perfect meal for the start of the New Year.
Process of Making
- Take a large saucepan, add butter in it and melt butter in medium flame. Now sauté onion in to the butter until it turns golden brown. Then add tomato and stir properly and cook until it cooked.
- Now add the potato, and 2 cups of water into it. Season with the bay leaf, garlic and salt. After boiling simmer the flame and cover for approx. 21 mins.
- Stir the remaining water, bring it to a boil again.Now discard bay leaf, and after that strain the solids from the broth, reserving both. Now make the vegetable puree into the blender,& stir them back into the broth.After it boils then add rice. Then Cover and simmer the flame for about 17 mins or until rice become tender.
- Serve hot.
- Don't forget to stir frequently while making because if not stirred it properly lumps will occur.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 7 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 760 mg||32%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream, heavy
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 tomatos, peeled and quatered
- 6 cup water
- basil leaves, fresh
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large potato, peeled and quatered
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- pepper, as per required