- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Fresh Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a standard muffin pan with (12) 2 1/2" paper bake cups.
- Mix the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Use your hand to form a well in the center of the dry mixture, and set the bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together your milk, beaten egg, and cooking oil. Once combined, pour this mixture into the well you've formed in the dry mixture bowl. Stir lightly just to moisten the dry mix. (At this point your batter will be lumpy, which is desirable.
- Fold your fresh blueberries and finely shredded lemon peel into the batter.
- Using a large spoon; fill each paper-lined cup of your muffin pan 2/3 full with the blueberry muffin batter.
- Place the pan in your preheated oven, and bake the muffins for about 20 minutes (or until golden).
- Remove the pan from the oven, and allow your muffins to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving them.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
If in doubt, use a toothpick to ensure whether or not your muffins are done. When inserted into the center of a muffin, a toothpick will come out clean if the muffin is done.
|Serving size: 1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 4 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 130 mg||43%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|