The Fresh Broccoli Spears In A Zesty Lemon Sauce Recipe
Zesty Broccoli And Lemon Sauce Recipe
Healthy And Fresh Broccoli
Makes A Great Side Dish
This healthy broccoli side dish recipe with a zesty lemon sauce naturally flavors the fresh broccoli very well. It can often be an excellent idea to simply leave off the normal cheese sauce that is generally so very high in fat content. This fresh broccoli recipe makes for a great side dish and the zesty lemon sauce taste very splendid when poured over the fresh cauliflower also. The fresh broccoli naturally will deliver many excellent health benefits for the human body, contains very low levels of calories, is highly rich in essential vitamins, is absolutely full of beneficial antioxidants, and is greatly abundant with many vital minerals. One important mineral in particular contained within fresh broccoli is folate and it has even been scientifically proven to greatly decrease the risk of breast cancer in women.
For The Chefs In The Kitchen
The Healthy And Fresh Ingredients
- Three Pounds Fresh Broccoli, Finely Speared
- One Cup Chicken Broth
- One Tablespoon Butter, Unsalted
- Four and a half Teaspoons Corn Starch
- Forth Of A Cup Water, Cold
- Two Egg Yolks(Free Range Eggs), Beaten Thoroughly
- Three Tablespoons Lemon Juice, One-Hundred Percent
- Two Tablespoons Lemon Peel, Finely Grated
For The Cook
- Place the fresh broccoli spears in a large saucepan; add only one inch of cold water to a saucepan. Bring cold water to a steady boil. Reduce the high heat; cover the saucepan and cook for five to eight minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, heat the chicken broth and unsalted butter until the butter is completely melted. Then combine the cornstarch and water until very smooth; stir into the broth mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil; cook and stir for approxiamently two minutes or until the mixture is very thick and bubbly.
- Remove the saucepan from the high heat. Stir a very small amount of the hot mixture in with the egg yolks; return all to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Bring the mixture to a very gentle boil; cook and stir for only about two minutes longer. Then remove from the high heat. Gently stir in the one-hundred percent lemon juice and the lemon peel. Drain the cooked broccoli; seve with the warm zesty lemon sauce. Enjoy.
Healthy Nutritional Information
|Serving size: Three-Fourths Of A Cup|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 44 mg||15%|
|Sodium 164 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Health Benefits Of The Main Ingredients
The fresh vegetable known as broccoli belongs to the italica cultivar group of the brassiceae family. Fresh broccoli has little tree like sprouts that also contain green edible and very crunchy stems. The fresh broccoli vegetable has been cultivated all around the world for thousands of years, but the broccoli never appeared in America until the early twentieth century. The essential vitamins that broccoli delivers to the human body generally include vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B-one, and vitamin B-six. On average, the fresh broccoli will contribute many vital minerals to the human body that typically include pantothenic acid, manganese, choline, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, niacin, selenium, protein, dietary fiber, carotenoids, antioxidants, and omega three fatty acids. The abundant medicinal benefits that the fresh broccoli vegetable offers to the human body commonly include lowering cholesterol levels, prevents allergic reactions, boost the immune system, detoxifies the body, prevents birth defects, eliminates inflammation, lowers blood pressure, improves digestion, protects the skin, greatly reduces the chances of heart diseases, prevents stomach disorders, delivers iron to those who suffer greatly with anemia, improves vision, helps cataracts, overall eye care, and ocular health. The wise man will say that consuming only one single serving of fresh broccoli each day will be certain to always keep the doctor away. A citrus lemon fruit first originated at the base of the Himalayan Mountains thousands of years ago. The cultivation of the citrus lemon fruit spread throughout the Middle East and even all across the massive country of Africa. Fresh lemon fruit has been cultivated and growing in the state of Flordia since the sixteenth century. Some of the essential vitamins that lemon fruit contain will commonly include high levels of vitamin C, vitamin B-six, vitamin A, and vitamin E. Fresh lemons are known to contain more potassium than grapes or apples. Other typical minerals found in lemon fruit include folate, copper, potassium, magnesium, thiamin, calcium, phosphorus, riboflavin, dietary fiber, niacin, iron, zinc, antioxidants, pantothenic acid, and even protein. The many different medicinal benefits for lemon fruit generally will include fighting infections, aids in digestion, helps with weight loss, greatly boost the bodies immune system, works as an excellent health remedy for treating the common cold symptoms, aids in inflammation relief, incredibly dissolves stubborn kidney stones, kills off all of the free-radical activities that are known to cause different types of cancer, and naturally has many other disease preventing capabilities. The wise man will say that eating only one serving of citrus lemon fruit each day will be certain to always keep the doctor away.