Fresh Cherry Cobbler
I bought way too many cherries this week, in fact one bag was just starting to wilt a little. My husband wanted to throw them away and start on the new bag but I hate throwing out expensive produce. I knew that a summer cherry cobbler was in order.
I admit that I couldn't find the cherry pitter so my prep time was extensive and I almost lost a finger or two. I know I have one somewhere. So now that my fingers are dyed burgundy and all my cherries are pitted I can move on to creating something yummy.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c + 1 tbls flour
- 1 c + 3/4 c sugar
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1 c milk
- approx 2 c cherries, pitted
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Place stick of butter in 9x13 pan into over as it is preheating to allow to melt.
- In a large bowl mix together 1 c flour, 1 c sugar, 1 c milk, and 1 tbls baking powder. Mix thoroughly until it is no longer lumpy.
- In a medium sized bowl place cherries and mix with 3/4 c sugar and 1 tbls flour.
- Once the butter is melted pour the large mixture into the pan with the butter - DO NOT STIR
- Spoon in and evenly distribute the cherries and sugar mixture over the batter. DO NOT STIR
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes