Fresh Pasta Making
Making fresh pasta for home or small business
A pasta machine is the life blood of any great Italian or Asian restaurant. There is nothing like the taste and texture of finely made fresh pasta. There are many machines and pasta makers out there to help you produce great tasting pasta quickly. If you have a home business or just love to cook these can be your secret weapon in the kitchen. Homemade pasta by grandmothers are some of the best memories growing up. These can give you that ability to provide that same quality to the people or customers you love. Making pasta is an art form, to master this takes practice. That's how these fresh pasta makers can help get you started. See below for recommendations and more tips!
Quick Tips on Fresh Pasta Making
So you want to make something with a little more 'home' feel than the store bought kind? Using a machine or roller can help, but you still may want a few more 'grandma's secrets' to give your pasta that extra boost. Here are a few practical tips you can use the next time you prepare a batch of your favorite pasta.
- For a more nutty taste, use Maca powder with the flower. Maca is incredibly healthy for you and a known aphrodisiac.
- Oliver oil before- olive oil after
- Ever thought of adding a pinch of cayenne pepper? Not only does it boost your metabolism it also gives a cajun kick to any shrimp alfredo.
- Cook the pasta half way, take it out and roll again before cooking the rest of the way. Talk about some tender pasta...
- When using a pasta machine its often useful to use olive oil (or sweet-an-sour sauce) as a type of lubricant.
- When hanging your pasta to dry: let it set in direct sunlight. I don't know why, but my grandmother could always taste the difference.
- When in doubt, use more olive oil!
Making Fresh Pasta at Home
How do I make pasta? With these accessories!
Which Pasta is Better?
Creamy Tomato Tuna Pasta
The Jamie Oliver Cookbook
Oliver was one of my main inspirations growing up. I enjoy reading his material because like me, he marries the traditional way while bravely mixing in new experiences. His show taught me a lot about not necessarily the basics (that was my grandmother!) but some unique key additions to totally transform a normal dish. This is why he's stayed at the top of the food game for so long. For more information see his book below or visit his website in the links.
The Jamie Oliver Guide
My Grandmother's Homemade Recipie
- 1 poud linguine pasta
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatos, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) medium green olives, pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 glove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice large lemon
- 3/4 cup parmisian, grated
- salt and pepper
- ring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture on top and toss until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- For a protein option you can choose flank steak or chicken. For the chicken be sure to marinate in a blend of olive oil and garlic. The steak is fine on it's own. You'll be surprised how well the tomato mixture pairs with the slightly sweet flavor of flank steak
Helpful Pasta Links
- Yoga Pride - Yoga Pride Outlet Store
- Pasta recipes | Lasagne recipes, spaghetti recipes & more | Jamie Oliver recipes
Pasta is a great ingredient for putting together quick and delicious meals and it's a real treat if you make it yourself. The best from Jamie Oliver!
- Pasta Recipes: Spaghetti, Chicken and Seafood Pasta, Pasta Salad and More : Recipes and Cooking : Fo
Need help with your pasta dinner? Get pasta recipes from Food Network, including recipes for spaghetti, chicken pasta, seafood pasta and salads from the culinary experts.
- 25 Easy Pasta Recipes | Quick & Easy Recipes | Food | Disney Family.com
Discover quick solutions for deliciously easy pasta recipes and dishes with Family.com. From a quick spaghetti bolognese to a simple pesto primavera and more!
- Home | ilovepasta.org