Fresh, Simple Garden Carrots
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: Serves 2-3
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups carrots (cut however you prefer)
- cracked black pepper
- smoked sea salt
- Wash the dirt off of the carrots. Dry them and use a potato peeler to clean the carrots up a bit.
- Cut the carrots however you prefer. I just slice them.. and fairly rustically.
- Heat a medium skillet, medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. When the butter and oil have melted, add the carrots.
- Let the carrots cook down for 20-25 minutes, until they're tender and slightly golden brown on the outside. A bit of crunch on the outside and a mushy center is what you want to achieve.
- Season with fresh cracked black pepper and smoked sea salt, to taste.
- Bon appetit!