Isn't it Time That You Tried Strawberry Pound Cake
This selection is being used by the permission of Pam Avery and Alexis Nash, both of Hamilton, Ala., and they are not only two sweet southern belle’s, but two of the finest cooks that the south could ever have. (Thanks! Kenneth).
1 cup of fresh crushed strawberries
- 1 box of white cake mix
- (3 oz.) package of Strawberry gelatin
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs at room temperature
Preparing The Glaze:
¼ cup of margarine
- 3 ½ cup of confectioners sugar
- ½ cups of mashed strawberries
- Combine cake ingredients together in a big bowl; mix for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes to 55 minutes until cake tests done. Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; remove to serving plate.
- Mix the glaze ingredients and apply over cake. NOTE: you can slice cake in half and put one half of glaze in between the two halves. Spread other half of icing over the top of the cake and then have a great time.
February 13, 2020____________________________________________________
© 2020 Kenneth Avery