Salsa Made With Fresh Tomatoes Recipe
About Fresh Tomato Salsa
Ever since I was a little girl and I'm sure even before I was born my family has always had a garden. My mother always said "why pay some else for food you can grow yourself for half the price", I have always tried to live by that. I do most of my canning and like my mother I have garden, even though it is nowhere near the size of hers. I have a love for salsa, but never took a liking to the store-bought stuff. They always seem to have this long list of items in them that I have no clue what are or why they or needed. The salsa I make is a few simple fresh items for can find in your garden or needed.
The salsa I make is a few simple fresh items for can find in your garden or farmers market, but the lime you might have to buy that. It is a very easy fast recipe that only takes a few minutes to make. If you like your salsa more on the hot end you can add more peppers or leave your seeds in. For a more mild salsa you can use less peppers, or for a no heat salsa you can leave the hot peppers out and replace them with bell pepper.
Fresh tomato salsa
Let Me Know What You Think
4 Reasons to grow your own vegetables
(1) Freshness- We all know the fresher the fruit and vegetables are the better they are for you. When you buy your vegetables from a store most of them travel many miles to get there. So from the time they were picked till the time you buy them could be days or even weeks since they left that farm.
(2) Safety- You do not know where or how the vegetables you buy at the store where grown. They have chemicals on them or been watered with dirty water. The soil that was used maybe bad condition. Or even grown under lights.
(3) Money- when you buy from the store you pay the price for seeds, wages, gas, and storage. So a bag of 4 tomatoes might cost up two 3 dollars, while the same tomatoes at home would only have cost 75 cents to grow, sometimes even less if you live somewhere that gets a good amount of rain.
(4) To help others- While this is not a must, even a small garden will give you enough food that you will be able to give some neighbors, family, and friends.
When you grow your own food you know how it was grown. When it was fresh, and for how much. It might take a bit of work but it can save you a lot of money along with offering just what you want when you want it.
Grilled Fish With Fresh Tomato Salsa
Everything You Need
How To Make It
- Mix everything into a bowl
- Toss to coat coat in oil
- Let stand 10 minutes, enjoy
What You Will Need
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno, minced with or without seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Try This Salsa With These Fish Tacos
Some Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- True Texas Chili
This is a recipe for a easy make at home true Texas chili, with no beans or tomatoes.
- Amish Friendship Bread
This is a recipe for Amish Friendship Bread starter and cinnamon bread. with a day by day guide.
- Real Southern Cornbread
A true easy southern corn bread recipe. with no sugar.
- Ham and Potato Hash
A recipe for a easy Ham Hash with potatoes. That is perfect for holiday leftovers.
- Best Homemade Apple Butter Recipe
A Simple Recipe For A Slow Cooked Apple Butter That Everyone Will Love