- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Fried Apple Pies - Make Apple Pie Without Oven
Since I was a kid, I am big fan of apple pies. Being a kid with a sweet tooth I love the feelings. Until now, I still love it, but it should come in regulated fillings and thin crust that can complement the sweetness of the fillings.
I also make the fillings creamier to add more joys while biting.
This recipe will not going to require you any oven as this is deep friend.
Notes Before Cooking
Just like any other pies out there this requires you time and patience. In making the crust, I require that you make it without holes to avoid dripping of filling while frying.
This is also a little complicated and I suggest that you ask someone to help you.
Rate My Recipe
Ingredients for Fillings
- 2 medium apples - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 spoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flour
Ingredients for Crust
- 2 cups all purpose flour - sifted
- 2 spoon crushed graham crackers
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 spoon milk
- 1 spoon warm water
- Stevia - The Sugar Alternative
Here is a featured article that tackles a plant that is 300 times sweeter than sugar and best alternative for it. This is also recommended for diabetics as this will never increase your blood sugar and for weight watchers, due to little calories.
Make the Fillings
- In a pan, add all the ingredients except the apple and water. Let it boil.
- When the mixtured foameu-up add the water and apples.
- Remove from the heat when the sauce thickens.
- Set aside.
Make the Crust (Dough)
- Mix all the ingredients together and mix well until it formed into a dough.
- Make sure that there are no more lumps and you have distributed all the ingredients.
- Using a rolling pin, make a skin-like crust. Make it thin, but not too thin on a way that it can't support the fillings anymore. (refer to the picture below).
- Cut the dough into 4 by 5 inches (recommended), or any desired rectangular shape.
Notes: Cover the table that will serve as molding surface with flour and apply some flour to the rolling pin to prevent the dough from sticking to the surface and rolling pin.
Prepare the Pies and Fry Them
- For 4 by 5 inches cut of dough add 1-2 spoon of fillings and add little sauce. Put the fillings in the center of the dough
- Fold the dough with filling in half to cover the sauce and seal the dough using your thumb.
- Deep fried the pies for 3 minutes in a medium fire or until golden brown and serve while hot.
Notes: Make sure that you will seal the pies well to prevent opening when being fried and don't over-fry the pies as the crust will easily burn.