- Food and Cooking
Fried Bananas Dessert Recipe
Quick & Easy Fried Bananas
I have recently started a dairy free diet. Since going dairy free, I have been having a hard time finding dessert recipes that are yummy but don't have any dairy products in them. Well, today I finally made it a point to come up with a satisfying dessert recipe that was dairy free and easy to make. I had little ingredients to work with, so I decided to make dairy free fried bananas with a side of coconut milk ice cream, which was all that I had on hand. Needless to say it was a hit! Even my husband, who is not on a dairy free diet, loved this recipe. Not only is it healthier than sugary desserts loaded with calories, but it tastes better than most sugary desserts too!
Did you enjoy this recipe?
- 2 Tsp. Coconut Oil Spread (or coconut butter)
- 2 Tsp. Raw Organic Unprocessed Honey
- 2 Bananas
- Coconut Milk Ice Cream, (optional)
- Slice the banana in half, and then slice each half down the middle (leaving you with 4 pieces per banana, 8 total).
- Put two teaspoons of the coconut oil spread in a medium sized frying pan. Allow it to melt.
- Place the bananas into the hot pan, flat side down. Allow them to cook for about 30 seconds, and then add the two teaspoons of honey. I use raw organic unprocessed honey which I buy at my local health food store.
- After about two minutes, flip the bananas over and allow the opposite side to cook for two minutes. (If you need to add more coconut oil, feel free to do so to keep the pan from getting to dry, you also want to have a bit of a syrup once they are finished).
- When the bananas are done, place them overtop a scoop of the coconut milk ice cream, and then pour the syrup on top of the bananas and ice cream. Enjoy!
Another Twist on Fried Bananas...
Another twist on fried bananas includes dredging the banana pieces in a flour batter and then coating them with shredded coconut before frying them.
To make the flour batter just mix flour with water until it creates a good consistency to stick to the bananas. The shredded coconut will stick right to the batter.
Fry the bananas until the outside is golden brown. This should take just about 2 minutes per side.
This recipe goes great with a side of the coconut ice cream as well! The batter and shredded coconut really add another depth of flavor and texture to the original fried bananas recipe.